124»

Comments

• nfs_daemon
    nfs_daemon Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    griffb wrote: »
    an “eco score” of 85; as I would expect on a 3 y/o Seat Leon
    I don't need an app on my phone to tell me I have a low "eco score" - there's one on every petrol pump in every garage which already does that for me...
  • Richmc
    Richmc Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    The AA advertising has two out and out lies.
    1). It's not free, you pay nearly £30 a year (2nd year "free" whoopee doo!!!).
    2). The OBD port reports fault codes that have happened it can't predict faults or breakdowns.

What it can't do, it won't tell you if you take such and such a route you will get a flat tyre, a bulb is about to blow, your exhaust is about to fall off etc.

Next thing they will be telling you is you can't have AA insurance without one or even AA breakdown cover unless you subscribe.

This is just another gadget to spy on you purely for marketing and sales reasons to make them more money.

And you know when your battery is on the way out, your car won't start, usually in cold weather, if they tell you your battery is going to fail what do you do? Drive to Halfords and get it replaced, what do you do if it actually fails? call the AA, so all it's doing is saving them the expense of attending a call out, a service that you are paying them for! So they are getting you to do their leg work and pay them for the privilege, flipping cheek.
  • Richmc
    Richmc Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    From their web site -

"Will the AA release or sell my data to anyone?
    .............. or if we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings."

So if the police want to know if you have been speeding, the AA will let them know. Nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure