PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 15 June 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

I managed to spend an hour in the greenhouse yesterday evening staking and tidying up my tomato plants. A couple are looking a bit iffy - I think they got shocked when the pane blew off a couple of weeks ago and they got battered by the wind and rain. I'll keep an eye on them.

No real plans for today - I cleaned out half of my fridge yesterday and will do the rest today. I've ordered some baskets to try and tidy up all the various odds on ends but I do seriously need to rationalise how many jars of stuff I have in there....

I hope everyone has a good day x
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am all wet. And filthy. It was great:D.

The sun was shining and barely a cloud when we went out. 5 mins from the finish the heavens opened. I had no coat and an overly enthusiastic Labrador puppy. I'll dry.

It's really cheered me up.

Nelski

http://thegoddesskitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2008/04/store-cupboard-chocolate-orange-cake.html

Yum.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,047 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's been pouring down here all afternoon - and I mean really hard pouring! Even the birds have given up on the feeders and are sheltering somewhere. Nasty.

My morning trip was easy, this woman never shuts up talking, even almost for a breath. She was in and out of the nurse in ten minutes. I think that all the local woman over a certain age (and I don't know the age) are being called in for an MOT. Must be a target. Anyway, we then went to the supermarket, I sat outside whilst she picked up a couple of things and then I took her home. All very pleasant.

On the way I called in at another neighbour to deliver a black bag full of unwanted bed linen. It's been sitting in my tiny wee front hall for over a week waiting for her to collect it. I know she's been very busy so decided to drop it off. We had a cup of tea and a chew of some fat. Again, very pleasant.

Then I watched her and her husband move some cows to a different field. I stood at my door so I didn't have to venture out into the rain.

Now I'm waiting for the builder to call round to inspect my rotten gutters. I'm converting another cassette recording into an MP3 for my DM. Talking of whom, she's had the plumber in this morning to look at her squinty loo - a new loo will be coming next week! It's been squinty for years, the loo lid needs a 'thing' to keep it raised as does the seat for male visitors, could be nasty if both came crashing down on jewels. This is because the old fashioned cistern is also too close to the loo for comfort. It's been a pain for years...also wrote PITA but it's too close to the truth! :rotfl::rotfl:

I've got the WM chugging away, the clothes will have to go on the airer with the dehumidifier on to get dry. I use the spare bedroom for that so it's all out of the way.

The news from London doesn't get any better, such a tragedy.

Right, I may get a few chapters of my book read as the WM does it's work. I've got to wean myself off afternoon / early evening TV as it's mostly moving wallpaper with no value for me. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Must be my week for things rapidly changing, yesterday changed from the minute I had the day planned out and today was similar. :)
    Just hung the washing out, and the phone went, and it was the dentists ,they had a cancellation and did I want to come in straight away for the root canal filling !!!

Want is not a word I would use in connection with either dentists, or root canal fillings ,but I thought well its a shame to waste the appointment, and I was due to go for two appointments on the 28th of this month and 3rd July.

So I toddled off, and an hour later the lovely new dental Doctor that I saw said 'OK Jackie its all done, see you in six months for check up' :):):)
    No need for a second appointment it was all done and dusted, so I'm a happy smiling bunny again.

I had a slight infection which had been treated a couple of weeks ago with anti-bios so I am glad the filling has been done and its now out of the way. frees up a couple of mrnings for me as well.

This afternoon I went with my bashful friend to the local W.I. meeting and we thoroughly enjoyed it and I have decided as the meeting is only one afternoon a month I will enrol as well.
    Nice meeting and an excellent speaker ,plus a jolly nice cuppa and a biscuit,what's not to like :)

Sitting in DDs garden now in the sun, and its very warm at the moment around 28c but a nice occasional breeze is keeping me refreshed.

Tomorrow ,if things go to plan :):) I have History club in the afternoon then a charity quiz in the evening, but maybe my plans will alter :):):) this has been a very strange week all round

Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all
    Firstly please let me send my belated birthday wishes to FBO. I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday.
    Well my DGS went home about 4.30pm and seemed much brighter in himself. I knew he was under the weather as he didn't eat me out of house and home today :rotfl:.
    My dad managed to come to tea so I know he has had a hot home cooked meal and I sent him home with a large portion of the lamb casserole from the freezer.
    Dh is still complaining of a sore throat and he slept in the chair for 2hrs this morning while DGS and I watched a film, so no OSing done today.
    We are "on call" for DGS for tomorrow but I think he will be well enough to go to school, but you never know he may have a relapse during the night. I hope not, he doesn't like being ill and he gets upset about it.
    JackieO good news about the dentist visit, all done and dusted !
    TA and Mr TA hope all went well today.
    Right off to get a hot beverage but not sure what to have, decisions, decisions. Will it be tea, coffee or perhaps I'll go the whole hog and have a hot chocolate with marshmallows and squirty cream :rotfl:.
    Night,night everyone.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure