IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dealing with Total Parking Solutions (I'm a 99%)

Options
13»

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Adrian1999 wrote: »
    Last time I ask this, I promise! With the context of the situation now, I still put in the appeal template highlighted in blue by coupon-mad, completely unedited?

thank you!

yes, it covers all the bases and is for all BPA members and is why it is there in the first place

there is no need to ask, you just do it, regardless
  • Adrian1999
    Adrian1999 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 12:14AM
    Options
    I am just worried that this will spiral out of control, and require further monies that I do not have. As I am in the wrong in terms of breaching the purpose provided by the space for the hospital, but I was unable to respond at the time to move my car.

Morale dilemmas.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 June 2017 at 12:18AM
    Options
    I am just worried that this will spiral out of control, and require further monies that I do not have.

And where do you see that happen? If a person lose a PCN defence in small claims, typically a Judge tells them to pay the (typically £100) PCN and fifty quid court fees. Less than the stupid letters demand along the way!

If the PCN is only £20 in your case, then it would be that sum, plus court fees, if you lost.

...and we really don't see people lose. Can't recall one losing at all, not when following all advice here.

You do realise these are not parking fines and there are no 'wardens'?

Even so, you may decide to pay £20, your choice. But if so, please see this for the con it is!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Adrian1999
    edited 16 June 2017 at 8:57AM
    Options
    Right okay. With that said, I am assuming the PCN will have no consideration/care about what is said in a written explanation that I could provide. A action recommended by my HB.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    If TPS are still in the BPA then you will win at POPLA by appealing as the keeper.

TPS do not have the required POFA wording on their Notice to Keepers. Appeal as the keeper and they are stuffed.
  • Adrian1999
    Options
    I have put in my appeal and will update when more information arises.

I am assuming the PCN will have no consideration/care about what is said in a written explanation that I could provide. A action recommended by my HB.

The respective HB person of contact has further said that, the HB cannot cancel PCNs, appeals are direct to TPS, who will contact HB where required.

Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Best not to talk about what happened. We know the Health Board might get involved in appeals but best not to say who was driving in your appeal to TPS.
    I overstayed in a short stay hospital car park (3.5 hours) designated for employees of the health board, of which I am. As a result of being unable to leave half way through performing a analytical analysis on biological samples of patients of the said HB, at the time of the incident.

You could try complaining to the Health Board telling them the above detail, and inform them that this industry is rogue and out of control, wholly untrustworthy and you absolutely forbid the HB from passing on your complaint to TPS. Inost that the complaint is for the HB eyes only, to support the cancellation of this ridiculous charge.

Tell them that TPS must not be informed of who the driver was under any circs, and no data is to be shared (not even the information that you are staff). Nothing, or it will be a breach of the Data Protection Act. But that you trust the HB will act sensibly and authorise cancellation to save harassment for you.

Even so, you will win at POPLA. TPS signs are shockingly sparse, in cases I have seen, and their NTKs are not POFA compliant, hence why you need to be the keeper in the appeal, at POPLA stage, not an admitted driver. POPLA will not be interested in an explanation, only legal issues.
  • Adrian1999
    edited 3 March 2018 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Good news and bad news.

Good news, the original appeal regarded in this thread was appeal and successfully won.

However, I have gained another one, of which I promptly appealed as outlined here. HOWEVER, my appeal has 'apparently' not been received and I am now on my final demand of '£60'.

Just like my original offence, there was no confirmation of appealment and I am without the option to appeal now.

What are my possible options?

Many thanks.

EDIT: I have also noticed that our actual staff parking area, enforced by TPS, which has no time limit or a system to physically enforce parking for 'staff only' for eg. an ANPR system. So, there are is filled with patient parking. uhhm?
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    p.s. what is a small claim? - is this where they take you to not 'proper' court?

All claims for money are heard in the County Court. Which is a proper Court, with a District Judge in the chair.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less, it is allocated to the small claims track, which simply means that costs are limited, and the rules of procedure and evidence are less formal than they would be for a higher value claim.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure