PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

FTB - Hw long before seller solicitor send initial draft of contract

Options
13»

Comments

• Ogriv
    Ogriv Posts: 97 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It has been >3 weeks now with no paperwork from vendor's team.

At 3 weeks since offer acceptance, response from estate agent was:

• the property was advertised with no onward chain.
    • vendor had found a place to move which according to estate agent they were going to move in 5-6 weeks.
    • Estate agent had told me that vendor wants sale to go through as soon as possible and has no preference on completion date since there is no chain.

In your case it does sound like the vendor is stalling for some reason
  • harshitguptaiitr
    Options
    Sorry if this thread is becoming a pain.

At the time of viewing and making the offer, the estate agent had told me in writing that vendor wants Quick as possible on this sale.

However my solicitor hasn't received anything even though it has been >4 weeks now.

At 4 weeks since offer acceptance, response from estate agent was:
    Vendor has returned his paperwork to solicitors this morning and the solicitors will be issuing the draft contract pack to your solicitor this week

Will it be OK to ask the estate agent if the vendor's solicitors are still on track to issue the Draft Contract pack this week?

Can I make a complaint against the estate agent for misleading me into believing that vendor wants to proceed as quickly as possible, even though it took the vendor 4 weeks to provide paperwork to his solicitor, despite multiple follow-ups from the buyer?
  • anode_seller
    Options
    In your case it does sound like the vendor is stalling for some reason

I agree with this statement.

Go ahead and ask for complaint procedure from the estate agent.
    They should not have told you
    Quick as possible
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family