PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all. Lots of ((hugs)) all round, as there seems to be a lot going on with everyone.

ATB - pay up quickly vibes for your bad payer. It must be a worry, but if there's anything we can do, just shout.
    Bossy - I do most of our decorating here, but I do draw the line at the stairwell. That could be why there are cobwebs up in the corners, come to think about it!

I haven't posted for a couple of days, but have been keeping up with the lists. I went out for lunch yesterday with a couple of lovely friends who I haven't seen for ages. We swapped Christmas presents, if that gives a clue as to how long it's been! I wasn't too impressed with my lunch tbh, but we had a good natter. I was even less impressed with my lunch when I spent the evening and night feeling rough!

This morning I decided to wash and hang out the chair and cushion covers before work as it was lovely and sunny. Unfortunately the wind got up in the day, and I came home to find 2 covers at the end of the garden!! Luckily they hadn't blown over the hedge...
    Bathroom finally cleaned, dinner cooked, wudupa, paperwork dealt with, garden pots watered. Bathroom stayed clean and tidy for all of 5 minutes :mad:
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks folks, I'm going to get someone in to do it...

Was quite productive this morning with 3 bathrooms cleaned, 2 lots of laundry done, dried and put away (on in one case back on my bed, lol), kitchen tidied, desk tidied, online forms for docs done, chazzer bag filled, kids delivered around various sports clubs, fed, washed and bums smacked :rotfl: only kidding lol

Now to bed from me as the little bugg@rs didn't let me sleep last night and I'm bushed!

Tomorrow I've an award assembly for DS - English star apparently but he doesn't know why <rollseyes> then to collect a parcel I missed today - hopefully birthday gifts for parties this weekend... Then maybe a visit to the tip with some household grot!

Glad you enjoyed your walk FBO thinking of you xx
    Night all xxx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Hugs and coping vibes for all needing some

Dailies done
    Finished cleaning the floors and shook all the mats out today.
    Emptied out and cleaned the two sucking mcs and recharged them
    Tidied up the balcony and watered the plants
    Spanish lesson completed
    Topped up all the cleaning/laundry bottles and pots (I buy in bulk)
    Started Mr T order for later in month
    Shopping list done for t/m

Spare HH was used for some me time. Had a lovely soak in a bubble-bath, slathered on the body cream and then washed my hair. (Well it was a long HH :))

Sticks and spoons if necessary
    Hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I can't remember who it was that said that all my busy-ness made them feel tired, but it makes me feel tired too :rotfl: However, it's a good tiredness rather than sheer exhaustion, IYSWIM.

I have had a day off from my placement today so filled the morning with a meeting on the outskirts of Cathedral City. I took myself there, while DH and his friend went in DH's car to the city centre to look round the cathedral. Plan was to meet at a nearby NT property for lunch. I arrived at 12.15... and waited... and waited... and at 1.10 I got a phonecall from DH to say that he'd got a flat tyre and was waiting for the man with the yellow van; could I come and pick up his friend and he'd follow us to the NT property later. DH had been following the satnav, so hadn't got a clue where he was. Fortunately I guessed correctly which route he had taken and was able to work out where he was to within 10 yards :D The yellow van man was already there and was putting his spare on DH's car so that he could drive round the corner to a tyre repair centre. I said I would take his friend to the NT place but suggested that, because it might take an hour or more to get the tyre sorted, it would be best if DH brought himself home and caught up with some sleep. He looked as if he needed it :( It turned out that he had kerbed the wheel and thus only has himself to blame for the cost of the repair. Meanwhile I had to pay for lunch and ice creams for two, which I had not budgeted for (having done the big shop yesterday with extras for DH's friend). I'm not at all happy about that, though I must admit did enjoy the sunshine and beautiful gardens :cool:

WMx1 ran itself while we were out (anybody else remember twin tubs? - automatics are a doddle by comparison). After our evening meal I did 2x MAD half-hours back to back in which I painted another fence panel, then drove DH and his friend to a real ale pub in town. Came home and watered the flower pots, hanging baskets and and veg, reclaimed the TV for an hour, folded a load of dry washing and did QHI, all before the two reprobates rolled up on the doorstep, having taken a taxi home DH has plonked himself in front of the TV and will probably be asleep within 5 minutes. I'm going to bed - got to help at a toddler group tomorrow morning and will need plenty of energy as well as eyes in the back of my head!

G'night all.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have been playing laundry catch-up.. Rat chaser.. school runner.. I am in so much pain I have done nothing.. I miss OH .. I am hoping it is only a hormonal case of PMT.

Optician tomorrow for Pixie.. the other 2 are there Saturday.

I want a day of doing nothing.

OOh... sofa was dispatched to a charity that furnishes homes for homeless people so I vacuumed the hallway, middle and back rooms.. kitchen sweeping is on the agenda for tomorrow.

I fixed the plug on the dryer too.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • SpikyHedgehog
    SpikyHedgehog Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better this morning, pigpen.

ionafan, visiting the NT property sounds good with the sunshine and gardens, but not the unplanned spends on tyre repair, lunches and ice creams! I had a twin tub when I first left home, but it didn't drain properly, so I had to bail it out with a marge tub!

Work on Wednesday & had course after, so didn't get home till gone 7.30 - just did dailies and pulled a few tall weeds out of the lawn when I got the washing in.

Yesterday was my day off with lots of plans, so DS2 decided to be difficult again and I didn't get him to school till gone 11.30 :(.

This was triply annoying as 1 - he was playing up again, 2 - I wanted to strip his bed & wash it with DS1's chef whites, and 3 - I had plans to meet a friend for lunch. However, managed to get him in in the end, then got home & shoved the washing on quickly to hope it would be done before I needed to go out again. (I don't leave the machine on with no-one in the house - many years ago, mum had a couple of washing machines catch fire while washing, so I'd worry too much if I did.) Ran round his tip with the bin and vacuum cleaner.

Window cleaners caught me on the way out, so paid them, met friend for lunch and a good chat, got home, shoved more washing on (4th load by now lol), whizzed round the kitchen to move the table to give DS2 more leg room, dashed off to see his SENCO at school and put in a CAF to get him the help he needs - he's feeling so down about himself and of course that is affecting him getting to school. Hopefully we'll get something started before before the summer hols.

Whiz home again, do more in kitchen and finish mopping floor before going to get him from after school club that he then said he doesn't want to do anymore.

Kids' Rooms/ Spare rooms/guest rooms

Level 1
    [STRIKE]Open the windows wide
    Binbag dance
    Strip the bed and turn the mattress - if you can
    Clean under the bed if accessible
    Remake the bed[/STRIKE]

Thursday Thrills Kitchen Kapers

Level 1

[STRIKE]Wipe table - don't forget to wipe under, too , where sticky fingers linger and drops go to die.
    Polish it, pop on a new cloth, wipe table mats
    Wipe/polish chairs and seats and don't forget underneath!
    Wipe chair and table legs
    [/STRIKE]
    Clear kitchen sides and wipe worktops and splash backs. Replace what belongs there; rehome - or fling - what doesn't (did the rehoming but not the cleaning!)

Extras
    [STRIKE]Enjoy the nice weather - meet up with someone for a coffee and a natter in a nice cafe...[/STRIKE]
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #37 - waterproof wearing cage customiser, chief of cable ties and duct tape

It's me, DS1 (24), DS2 (16), and the lurcher.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks Fayolle xx
    Oh Iona what a day love. Hope today is less eventful for you xx
    Thinking of you FBO xx

I was meant to be working all day but am not starting until 11 now which is much better. Our bedding is in the WM, kiddies are fed and dressed and the kitchen is spotless - I spent two hours cleaning it yesterday :A

Off out tonight with best pal for a few hours, really looking forward to it. Family wedding this weekend, DH is working all weekend (working away still) so not sure if he can come :(

Still no money in from the non-payer, I think this one is set to rumble....

off to scoff brekkie then school run, have fab days xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • MeandThe2
    MeandThe2 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

Please can I join you? My house is a mess and I just can't keep up!

Bit about me..single working mum with 2 children, 1 has a rare chronic illness and the other special needs (on the very long asd pathway!) moved house form the city to the countryside (50 miles) last year and this house just hasn't clicked yet. Also I'm lazy hahahahah
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome meandthe2 remember Rome wasn't built in a day xx

Very quiet on here. Perhaps you're all cleaning up :D I certainly haven't been :p

Had a cuppa with my mum earlier, collected my parcel, sorted online access for the doctors (yaay, just ordered DD repeat meds without having to budge out of my chair :D), washed her bedding from yesterday, then spent the afternoon reading with my feet up :eek: how very dare I.

I've said no thanks to the most expensive quote, just waiting on one more this aft then I'll get in touch with the second one that came. I think realistically I'm not going to be able to do ceilings over the stairs without either putting myself in some danger or stressing out to the max, I can live without that, plus, 13 doors to paint, that's just mental!!! I'll paint the remaining walls of the playhouse instead...

Right, I'll go organise dinner and maybe push the vac round...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • SpikyHedgehog
    SpikyHedgehog Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eurgh, have just discovered the cat has been sick on the end of DS2's bed. Only grass sick, so she's fine. I know it's revenge for him saying she can't sleep in the cupboard under his bed, but he's not the 1 who'll be washing the sheets. Again. Sigh...
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #37 - waterproof wearing cage customiser, chief of cable ties and duct tape

It's me, DS1 (24), DS2 (16), and the lurcher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure