IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel parking Cavendish Retail Park help - update p6

Options
12346»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Erinandi wrote: »
    Thank you.
    Glad you confirmed it as tomorrow. Had a panic I had counted wrongly.

But you've missed the important question!
    Did you file an Acknowledgment of Service before Tuesday 3rd December? You'll be able to check that on MCOL.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Erinandi
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    But you've missed the important question!
    Sorry, yes was submitted on 27/11/19 and acknowledged the following day.
  • Erinandi
    Options
    Update
    Initial defence submitted and directions questionnaire's sent off. I chose Skipton Court and on 23rd Jan 2020 Judge Wright struck out the claim for abuse of process giving Excel 7 days to have the set aside varied.  

Well, guess what today I got my Notice of Hearing. 

I am making the presumption that there are a number of claims Judge Wright struck out at the same time as the letter gives 2 dates for orders.

Is there any point in me going to hearing? Is it a case of all judgements set aside or non? What would Excel have to do to have this set aside? - Would they need to produce further evidence as why not an abuse of process? Have others been through anything similar or are these the first few cases after Southampton and Warwick?

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is this hearing about?
    Is it the Claimant asking for the Strike Out to be set aside? Or what?
    Perhaps you should attend and put forward your view on why the strike out order should not be reversed.
  • Erinandi
    Options
    Yes the hearing is of the Claimant's application to set aside the orders dated 17th and 23rd January where she struck out the claims for abuse of process.
    The letter states the defendant is excused, though may attend.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Erinandi said:
    Yes the hearing is of the Claimant's application to set aside the orders dated 17th and 23rd January where she struck out the claims for abuse of process.
    The letter states the defendant is excused, though may attend.
    What's the date of the set aside hearing?
  • Erinandi
    Erinandi Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2020 at 10:04PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts