PPI for credit when purchasing a camera

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
2 replies 2.5K views
ccskittenccskitten Forumite
102 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
Hi All

In all honesty I don't really understand PPI, despite the wide spread advertising of how to reclaim.

I've always had straight forward current accounts (Barclays), never paid anything other overdraft fees about 15 years ago. I had a Barclaycard but also never had any fees other than interest charged to it so I don't think there is a chance of PPI on those avenues.

The only thing I do remember is purchasing a camera from Currys/Comet about 18 years ago. It was a £250 camera but I paid back a total of £450-500 due to interest. I wouldn't have a clue who the credit company was and don't have any details of the credit agreement.

Is there any point in pursuing a PPI claim and if so, where do I even start?

Kind regards

ccs

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    ccskitten wrote: »
    The only thing I do remember is purchasing a camera from Currys/Comet about 18 years ago. It was a £250 camera but I paid back a total of £450-500 due to interest.
    PPI is insurance, not interest. How much you paid for the camera is irrelevant.

Since Currys and Comet are two different companies, you need to decide which one you purchased from.

If it was Comet then you have no one to complain to, as they closed down some years back.

If it was Curry's, then you could spend £10 on a Subject Access Request (SAR) letter to see if they have any record of this finance.

18 years on, I can't see you getting far with this I'm afraid. It's far from certain that you even had PPI.
  • ccskittenccskitten Forumite
    102 Posts
    Thank you. I think I can happily move on knowing I haven't lost anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals