Ryanair bags

Options
I have a flight to malaga booked later this month and have just logged on to add a bag and they want £105 for a 15KG bag and £125 for a £20KG ... OMG paid half that at Easter ... no one is going to pay those prices!! Ive not read about any increases as wouldn't have booked with them if I had known. Am I missing something here?

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    According to this it is much less than thr figures you quote

https://www.skyscanner.net/news/tips/7-ways-to-beat-ryanair-cabin-baggage-rules/

Online £13-£24 At the airport £32-£45

I would try to travel light and manage with the cabin baggage. Do you really need to take more than that?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are the fees you are seeing for return flights (as in 2 x fees)?
    According to their website the maximum should be £50 (each way) for a 15kg bag
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/fees
  • JoMax1
    JoMax1 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I know it says less but when I go to add a bag these are the prices quoted !! Yes I'll be going with hand luggage at those prices !!
  • JoMax1
    Options
    Yes for a return flight but still much higher than I paid at Easter - double in fact !!
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    EMA - Malaga in July is £65 return for a 15kg bag.

Are you sure you've not picked the option to book seats as well?
  • JoMax1
    Options
    Ive just had 2 live chats with Ryanair .. the first said to book via the app as its cheaper .. tried that but its still £95... the second said its a live system so prices change !! No reason given for the price hikes... People need to be aware of this as it would have been cheaper to book elsewhere. I can't understand why they do this as it just means people just take hand luggage and don't pay anything!!!
  • JoMax1
    Options
    No I've just been on again and checked its definitely £125 on the web and £95 on the app !! See my further reply from my 2 online chats
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As with seats, the price goes up the nearer to the flight date you get. So, if you add luggage (or, indeed, anything else) later after the initial booking, then you're going to pay more.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • JoMax1
    Options
    Its a few weeks off and about the same time as I booked at Easter .. I'll defo bear this in mind before I book with them again!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm flying to Barcelona with my family in August - we booked the flights last year but I logged in a couple of weeks ago to book luggage and they wanted £65 each way for 20kg hold luggage. We were planning to take 2 between the 7 of us but I refuse to pay £260 for a couple of cases so we are all travelling with just hand-luggage. You can buy an awful lot of stuff there for £260!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure