IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - My right to appeal and how to do it

Options
Hi, I have been through the newbie help thread, but it just left me dazed and confused, so I'm appealing to you fine forum members for a little one on one help pretty please!

I got caught by the dreaded parking eye APRN camera at Imperial Retail Park in Bristol. I have just drafted the following email to 'The Range' which is the shop in question that we visited:

On Saturday 20th May @12:20 I visited your store with my daughter as it was her birthday coming up and she wanted her bedroom redecorated. So, we arrived at your store and spent a very nice afternoon wandering around and filling a trolley almost to the brim with goodies to adorn my daughters room these included paint, wallpaper, cushions, curtains and other bits and pieces. Halfway round we came across the coffee shop so decided to stop and have some lunch before heading around the second half of your large Imperial Park store in Hartcliffe, Bristol. We finally arrived at the tills after an exhausting shop and I paid for her haul, which amounted to a little under £200 this I paid and we left @16:30. We headed home and I have started the redecoration process.

Fast forward a week or so and imagine my surprise and outrage at the letter I received from parking eye for over staying the allotted time I was supposedly allowed for our shopping trip.

I am told that as landowners you are able to have this parking charge notice cancelled. I would be very grateful if you could have this actioned forthwith!

I am hoping this will get the PCN cancelled. I wish to appeal via the parking eye website but i'm unsure what i need to write in the reasons to appeal? I don't have a receipt as I paid cash and had no reason to keep any.

Could somebody help and guide me on my way :smiley::smiley::grin:

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I wish to appeal via the parking eye website but i'm unsure what i need to write in the reasons to appeal?
    Hi, you should just use the blue writing one you saw in the NEWBIES thread. Please don't copy it here though...please!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    never infer who was driving

so its

we were supposedly allowed

you used the word WE on several occasions so a surprising slip up there

as for the PE website , you appeal as KEEPER and copy and paste the blue text appeal, its that simple
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    Thanks peeps thats awesome! Do i need to add my phone number to the parking eye appeal form?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if you want pestering with unsolicited calls , then add it .
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    if you want pestering with unsolicited calls , then add it .

Just as i thought so i'll leave that off :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Make sure you only choose 'registered keeper' as the NEWBIES thread coaches you to do.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Make sure you only choose 'registered keeper' as the NEWBIES thread coaches you to do.

Yeah I made sure I did that thanks!! ;)
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    Just thought I'd post an update, after emailing 'The Range' as this was where I had spent the time, they sent the following reply:

Thank you for taking the time to contact The Range Customer Services.

I am sorry to hear that you have received a parking charge notice.

I am unable to comment on the policies and procedures used by ParkingEye as they are a separate company and have their own operational processes and procedures.

Their services have been put in place to tackle the issue of the car park being misused by non-patrons of The Range and other retailers on site. We do have signage at all of our stores where ParkingEye operate and also make regular customer announcements over our PA system to try to avoid these situations.

If you have a receipt for goods purchased on the day, you will need to send this to the address on the back of the ticket where they will be able to assist you
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is this the place http://www.imperialretailpark.com/ ?
    If so then by complaining to the Range you may be barking up the wrong tree, have you tried the contacts here
    http://www.imperialretailpark.com/visitor-info/#map-contact

Please post your complaint re parking on here first, so it can be checked do not identify or give any hints as to who you think could have been driving on that day.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    do not send any receipts off to PE

you should have added proof of patronage (copies of receipts or copies of redacted bank statements) to your initial appeal to PE, as it seems THE RANGE are inferring that this will get it cancelled , so maybe they have the usual "off the books" policy of a minimum spend in store which allows cancellations (I know they have not said this but its common practice)

there is nothing to stop you sending this by email or whatever means to PE if they have not replied to your initial appeal yet

and as mentioned above, its more likely that the MA is responsible for PE, not The Range
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure