LLoyds retailer offers review?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
2 replies 707 views
iAMaLONDONERiAMaLONDONER Forumite
1.7K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
What are the types of cashback offers that you have received recently?

I remember getting Nando's cashback about 4 years ago, although nothing recently as I have rarely used my debit card.

Replies

• Ben8282Ben8282
    4.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Newshound!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am getting these offers all the time. Currently have 19. The big problem with these offers is that although some are useful unfortunately the majority of offers are from places I do not use and in some cases have never heard of. I don't think the offers are region specific.
    The supermarket ones (Morrisons in the past, more recently Co-Op) are good for me as I use them to buy cartons of 200 cigarettes so on a 5% offer get over £5 cashback and over £10 cashback on a 10% offer.
    Currently have a Waitrose 10% offer but unfortunately the local Waitrose became a pound store a couple of years back and the only Waitrose where I have attempted to use this offer in the past was the 'Waitrose' supermarket in the basement of John Lewis Bluewater which unfortunately bills as John Lewis Foodhall and there is therefore no cashback.
    Have also used the Harvester, Toby Carvery and Vintage Inns offers on occasion.
    In the past have used Wimpy offers but this is another one to be careful of as some Wimpy restaurants bill under their franchise name rather than Wimpy so no cashback when that occurs.
    Can be a nice little earner if you actually want to use the places that the offers are for.
    Have also been very lucky and got over £100 on 'It's On Us' last year.
    So I guess I am basically satisfied.
  • 20aday20aday Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've stopped using Lloyds' cash-back service as, aside from Toby Carvery, they are for a lot of retailers I never shop in and/or they are miles away from where I live.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals