Kuga, Qashqai or Tiguan

ohreally
ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Wife's looking for a car, the above three have seemingly randomly been suggested. I have zero experience of any so would appreciate any feedback on any or all. I noticed the Kuga had a facelift and price drop around 2012 but I think I prefer the look of the prefacelift, is the car essentially the same beyond cosmetics.

Aside from the above, there are some nice BMW F10 520d around for similar money, I think I would prefer a 520 however it will be her car and it's her choice, would the bm be a bit left field given her SUV list?

Would be looking at cars around 12/13k.
Don’t be a can’t, be a can.

Comments

• I have had 3 Qashqai's from new. I've loved them all.. until the current one. It's had some annoying problems and quirks all due to the stop/start system.

I don't think I'll ever want a car without 360 degree cameras now though - it's absolutely amazing for parking. It presents an overhead view of the car and you park it like a video game. The new models park themselves, but it's frankly pointless.

Check out a 3 year old Qashqai 360 model.. that was a nice car. BTW - tyres are not especially easy to get hold of - worth checking how available they are for all these bigger cars
  • walwyn1978
    walwyn1978 Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Fourth option - Kia Sportage? Good kit levels and a longer warranty than all of your three named ones, giving you a bit more peace of mind? Full disclosure here - I've got one and am very happy with it, so I'm biased.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Seat Ateca seems to be the What Car? small SUV favourite at present?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ohreally wrote: »
    I think I would prefer a 520 however it will be her car and it's her choice, would the bm be a bit left field given her SUV list?
    BMW X1 then? (No idea if that's any good or the price but it's the nearest equivalent to the suggestions you started with.)
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • I'd highly recommend the Seat Ateca. It's the same engine as the Tiguan, has a complete VW feel inside, but is much cheaper, and arguably nicer. I've had one for 5 months and really can't fault it. There's also not many on the road surprisingly so they might do a deal.
  • ohreally
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks, I'll try and fit in a look at Ateca this week.
  • Skoda Kodiaq also worth a look.
  • ohreally
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Skoda Kodiaq also worth a look.

I'm aware of Kodiaq http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72472374&postcount=5 and have it pencilled in for my replacement later in year.

Plus it doesn't really fit the wifes budget - 12-13K
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've used to have a '08 Qashqai and I currently have '65 Qashqai. No serious issues with either. I would have no hesitation in recommending one.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    ohreally wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try and fit in a look at Ateca this week.

They're pretty much brand new.

You're looking at £20k

12-13k will get you a nice 3 y-o Qashqai, maybe newer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure