European Car Insurance for 6 Months

Options
im moving to germany for 6 months at the beginning of july and need to sort my car insurance. my policy is up for renewal just before i go anyway which is good timing but my current insurance (Elephant) do 3 months free european cover but then charge £19.50 a week after that so would add over £200 to my annual insuarance. ive rung another insurer (LVE) who do 180 days european cover (This obviously has to be in a row as im not coming back between when i leave and the end of the 6 months) and their price works out about the same as my current insurer with the 3 months of £19.50 added so its no better. i dont want to spend an extra £200 just to drive in europe for 3 months so wondered if anyone had any ideas about insurers that woud be good to try? i have a 1.6 golf with three years no claims and im being quoted about £500 for the uk insurance and with the extra 19 days with my current insurer its an extra £234 so £734 in total which seems alot seeing as im 36 and have no claims built up. I hope someone can help me with this matter. thanks in advance :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure