Scottish Power - 3 year complaint and counting

Options
than
than Posts: 3 Newbie
(Very) long story short I bought my house from new 3 years ago and am still having problems with Scottish Power getting the account set up correctly. The builder (Bellway) incorrectly registered the incorrect meter serial numbers and opening reads with my neighbour's...it is a purpose built upstairs/downstairs flat. Anyway I'm now being chased for a debt by Scottish Power and they have ignored in full the Ombudsman remedy implementation - though they argue differently despite myself and Ombudsman presenting evidence it is no where near being sorted.

3 years on and still no further forward - I can't be the only person having this problem with Scottish Power? I'm effectively locked into them as a supplier as I can't leave until this is resolved. Is this their new ploy to retain a customer base I wonder?!

Any suggestions from anyone as to where I can take this now to get resolved as I'm still waiting for a call back from March when the Ombudsman directed them to do so!

Comments

• StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    I'm guessing you can only press the Ombudsman to get SP to sort this out or escalate the complaint to OFGEM if it is possible?

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Shavuot
    Shavuot Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    than wrote: »
    (Very) long story short I bought my house from new 3 years ago and am still having problems with Scottish Power getting the account set up correctly. The builder (Bellway) incorrectly registered the incorrect meter serial numbers and opening reads with my neighbour's...it is a purpose built upstairs/downstairs flat. Anyway I'm now being chased for a debt by Scottish Power and they have ignored in full the Ombudsman remedy implementation - though they argue differently despite myself and Ombudsman presenting evidence it is no where near being sorted.

3 years on and still no further forward - I can't be the only person having this problem with Scottish Power? I'm effectively locked into them as a supplier as I can't leave until this is resolved. Is this their new ploy to retain a customer base I wonder?!

Any suggestions from anyone as to where I can take this now to get resolved as I'm still waiting for a call back from March when the Ombudsman directed them to do so!

If you have agreed a final resolution with the ombudsman service, they would have advised you what to do if the supplier failed to then obide by that resolution/direction within the permitted timeframe (typically 28 days)
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Apart from the initial problem caused by the Developer/Builder, you haven't explained what SP have done wrong and what you feel is the correct solution.

You imply that the Ombudsman sides with your argument and SP have ignored their recommendation. If that is so, get the Ombudsman to state that in writing and take SP to the Small Claims Court.

Perhaps if you explained both your position, and that of SP, on the matter, we could make some suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure