Miscrosoft Verify your account message when abroad

Options
On our last three holidays abroad I always take with me my Samsung notebook. When I try and view go into my Microsoft E mail or send an E mail a message comes up with the message, Verify your account. There is unusual activity you may be signing in from a new location. That is always the case when I am outside the UK. As I do not take a mobile phone with me as I use my E mail as my communication, Therefore there is no way I can verify my account. Is there any way I can stop this happening, maybe my changing some setting before I depart to allow me to send/receive E Mails on Microsoft (Hotmail) account whilst I am away. Thank You:j

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Install the verification app?
  • PW1950
    PW1950 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    How do I install the verification app on my Samsung notebook. I am not a Techie person so if it could be explained in simple terms it will be appreciated. will it be effected by my Security system on my PC.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    There is no logical reason to not take your phone with you.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Wayne's_Woes
    Wayne's_Woes Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I experienced the same problem with my Microsoft E Mails when in both Spain and Greece. it is most frustrating . Is there no simple answer. Does the same happen with G Mail,AOL accounts etc. I fully understand the originators comment about not using mobile phones and I can see no reason why he should take his. I am very wary of using my mobile phone when abroad as I am on a Pay as you Go and itis only there for emergencies. I find E Mail contact suits me on holiday, Are there any other suggestions. Is it worth trying to contact Microsoft and if so which is the most likely way to get any response!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure