online fraud

Options
in 2014, around Christmas time, someone contacted me regarding my eBay account. I had 1700 100% positive feedback and that guy offered me a pound for each feedback= £1700.
I did a research and saw many people selling their accounts for a good money. so decided to sell the account and accept the offer.
we changed all account details, every single detail replaced with his details and I removed PayPal link and he linked his PayPal account to the eBay account. so we were done.
now, after more than two years, Paypal has limited my account and sized £250 credit that I have, plus seBay limited my new account.
spoke to eBay, been to that my current account has a strong link to another eBay account. same email account used to create both account and same name. seems they saved my details when my old account was created.My PayPal account has the same email address and so they limited my access and sized my money.
the Darkside is that the guy who bought my eBay account owes £5700 to eBay and £735 to PayPal. now, he closed the eBay account (saavemore) and cancelled his bank accounts that linked to his PayPal account.
Paypal and eBay, both see me responsible and want me to pay the money, while they have all details included all transactions recorded, name and address and copies of his identities.
I have not contacted the polis fraud service yet. wanted to get some advice and know what shall I do?
please advice. I am a full-time student and have a child and a wife that depends on me and my part-time job. I can effort to pay this huge money.
Thank you in advance

Comments

• cjv
    cjv Posts: 513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    When you "did a research" was there any mention of these bought and sold accounts being linked to fraud or other criminal activity?

Kinda obvious that you were selling it to someone who was going to use it for no good.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have learned the hard way that you cannot simply change the details on an account and hand it over to a stranger. If you have any other eBay or paypal accounts they will be frozen too.

You need to report this to Action Fraud.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Carry on with the creative writing, but use a grammar and spell checker next time...
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

You need to report this to Action Fraud.
    If the OP does that, he should expect that he will be investigated as a suspect, too.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's like this. You're both a victim and a perpetrator of fraud.

Don't expect too much help from the UK justice system as you're not simply a victim of crime.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This has been cross posted in the ebay board as well.

OP if you do come back it might be worth asking the Board guide on this board to move this across so that all responses can be in the same place.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Please respond the the original conversation on The Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales Board

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5656422

I am locking this thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family