best online store to get nuts & seeds for a reasonable price?

i am aiming to consume more healthy fats from nuts and i hear macadamia nuts are great at providing fats, as well as magnesium.

however, everywhere i look for good quality macadamia nuts, they seem pricey for a couple hundred grams. anyone know where i could get good quality macadamia nuts for a reasonable price?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    i am aiming to consume more healthy fats from nuts and i hear macadamia nuts are great at providing fats, as well as magnesium.

however, everywhere i look for good quality macadamia nuts, they seem pricey for a couple hundred grams. anyone know where i could get good quality macadamia nuts for a reasonable price?

The transport costs involved to transport the nuts.
    The costs involved where they are grown.
    They are grown in far flung places.

You tried Holland and Barrett ?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    With the exception of peanuts, all nuts are pricey.

With the exception of peanuts, all are worth it.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • In supermarkets there is sometimes a price difference between nuts in the baking section, and nuts at the end of the fruit and vegetable aisle.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    In supermarkets there is sometimes a price difference between nuts in the baking section, and nuts at the end of the fruit and vegetable aisle.

Also nuts in the baking section tend to be a fair bit cheaper than the nicely packaged ones in the 'snacking' section ...
  • jfdi
    jfdi Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've bought some in The Range before at a good price.
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • Blame Trump!
    No?
    Well blame the Americans, any way.
    :D
    It's an Oz nut but it's the Americans that seem to adore them, even growing their own nowadays.
    Oh and Koreans too like them it seems.
    Maybe we just aren't prepared to pay more than them, generally?
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a look at Grape Tree. They were founded a few years ago by the same people who founded Julian Graves. They are much cheaper than Holland & Barrett, I recently bought some ground almonds in a big packet ~ half the H & B price.

https://www.grapetree.co.uk
  • Dentists just love them!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • If you are really into your nuts and want to buy 1kg bags or tubs of nut butter, this wholesale site is pretty good https://naturalchoice.co.uk/
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Because Macadamia is a small country. They don't produce a lot of nuts so sell at a premium.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure