IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Debt Recovery Plus letter

Options
2»

Comments

• damsdee
    damsdee Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Ok got that. But I should email them and inform of my address change yes?

Also how should i word my email without admitting i was driving the car. Just say that the letter I have received from them regarding a parking ticket has gone to my old address and here is my new address?

Also assuming court happens, does that go onto my criminal record/credit record(CCJ)?

As you can tell I'm a complete newb. Never dealt with anything like this!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 May 2017 at 11:15PM
    Options
    how should i word my email without admitting i was driving the car. Just say that the letter I have received from them regarding a parking ticket has gone to my old address and here is my new address?

Yes.
    Also assuming court happens, does that go onto my criminal record/credit record(CCJ)?
    No! It's NOT a criminal matter, more like Judge Rinder on TV...with them (or a hired rep) saying you owe them money and you evidencing why you are not liable/there was no agreed contract.

Even if a person loses at a small claim hearing, and pays the £175-odd if the Judge actually finds for the PPC, there is NO CCJ, no effect on credit rating. Your only danger of that is by having an old address where they are sending the letters, in case you missed/ignored a court claim until it was too late. That's why you must inform them of the new address, and keep your free proof of posting from the PO Counter (no, not signed for, NOT recorded or special delivery of course...and not just posted in a post box with no proof/receipt).

You don't even have to sit on the naughty step if you lost a small claim case, it is nothing really! Well worth fighting, and we WIN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • damsdee
    damsdee Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic. I have done exactly that. Emailed PPS saying that I have received a letter regarding the parking ticket referenced with no. xxxxxxxx and then asked to send any further corresponding letters to my new address which is xxxxxxxxx.

Just to double check, I don't have to email DRP as well do I?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    damsdee wrote: »
    Fantastic. I have done exactly that. Emailed PPS saying that I have received a letter regarding the parking ticket referenced with no. xxxxxxxx and then asked to send any further corresponding letters to my new address which is xxxxxxxxx.

Just to double check, I don't have to email DRP as well do I?

Once you advised PPS that is enough

FORGET ALL DRP RUBBISH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family