IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Residential parking in allocated bay - Court Claim received

Options
1235»

Comments

• Zita_Z
    Zita_Z Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Loadsofchildren123
    Thanks for reassuring me a little that this is not how these hearings usually go down.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2017 at 1:42PM
    Options
    If this happened to one of my tenants I would be firing off letters of complaint like there is no tomorrow. Can you appeal? Can you not complain to someone about his illogical reasoning re travelling expences or sue the PPC for interfering with your right to quiet enjoyment?. I there nothing you can do?

These PPCs are a blight in residential parking. In nearly 40 years renting out property, I have yet to come across one worth its salt, and the only property I have ever owned which employs one is a Housing Association.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Zita_Z
    Zita_Z Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    If this happened to one of my tenants I would be firing off letters of complaint like there is no tomorrow. Can you appeal? Can you not complain to someone about his illogical reasoning re travelling expences or sue the PPC for interfering with your right to quiet enjoyment?. I there nothing you can do?

These PPCs are a blight in residential parking. In nearly 40 years renting out property, I have yet to come across one worth its salt, and the only property I have ever owned which employs one is a Housing Association.

I have thought about appealing, but with my job and everything, it took such a toll on my emotional well-being, that despite of my anger and sense of justice, I will leave it. I assume that for a higher level court I would also need to hire a solicitor?

I have luckily moved out of this property, but as my last act of defiance, I sent a strongly worded email to the Managing Agent. I insinuated that I could potentially appeal and name them as the second defendant. They have failed to do their responsibility and act in the best interest of tenants. In a block of 500 flats, entering into this hugely detrimental contract is basically negligence and they can be held responsible. So I am trying to scare them into firing the PPC. After all, it is estate agents who keep these criminals in business, and I am baffled that residents put up with this. But then again, I am aware how powerless one can feel when you're just one of a thousand people the MA represents. They're not doing a very good job at holding meetings and residents' associations. So we need to stand up and let them know this is not okay.
  • BW2018
    Options
    I have rented a house and the deeds aren’t all clear as to where my allocated 2 parking spaces are (no numbered bays) we have just parked outside our house where the deeds sent from the agency seem to suggest the car parking space is, we’ve done this for 9 months now without anyone ever saying anything that is until now...

The landlord of the property next door has visited his property to do some repairs and has seen us parking in what he says is one of he’s 2 spaces ( the tenants next door only have 1 car)

He has now blocked us in on 2 occasions having not seen him for 9 months he has been back twice in 2 days just to check our car...

What legal rights does he have to produce and what action can he take?

We have an understanding from our neighbours who have actually knocked on our dooor to apologise as they were so embarasss. We both have newborns so having the spaces outside our houses is obviously usueful!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What legal rights does he have to produce and what action can he take?
    This is a legal issue, not a parking one per se. You need legal advice if you're contesting or exploring legal rights.

It's either a solicitor, the CAB or try a forum like Legal Beagles.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport