Victim of fraud

Options
Jsaid
Jsaid Posts: 14 Forumite
Hi there
Few years ago I was thinking about buying a property in Germany.. so found an agent in Germany who can help me.. I sent all relevant documents to him ..and purchased a property. Now I don't know where this agent is.. Now I am getting letter from a bank in Germany saying I borrowed 80k euro from their bank in 2011.. they sent me loan contract with my full name and date of birth and my passport number and other details. .. but I never applied or received this loan. .
I live in UK.. I called action fraud this morning and they have given me reference number . Also I called bank in Germany told them I am a victim of fraud and given action fraud reference number to bank.
I am worried. . Can anyone help ..please

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you purchase a property in Germany?
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So you purchased a property or you didnt?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jsaid wrote: »
    ..and purchased a property.

Now I am getting letter from a bank in Germany saying I borrowed 80k euro from their bank in 2011.. they sent me loan contract with my full name and date of birth and my passport number and other details. .. but I never applied or received this loan. .

How did you pay for the property you bought?
  • Jsaid
    Options
    yes, purchased property with mortgage
  • Jsaid
    Options
    yes, purchased property with mortgage from Germany
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And is the mortgage with the same bank that is now contacting you?
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So you bought a property and have been paying for a mortgage on that property, and this other 80k debt is unrelated to that? So you think the agent has taken out a 2nd mortgage somewhere and run off with the money?
  • Brock_and_Roll
    Brock_and_Roll Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bear with the OP here....there was quite a bit of "multiple application" fraud going on in Germany a few years back, so a naughty agent might have duplicated the mortgage with two different lenders.
  • Jsaid
    edited 24 May 2017 at 4:17PM
    Options
    mortgage is with different bank, someone took 50k personal loan using my personal details in 2011 from a German bank, now total figure is around 80k with interest,, its personal loan . not a mortgage. they sent me loan agreement to my address in UK, i can see that all my personal details are correct but signature is not mine..

They also opened another bank account in my name , and transferred loan amount to this account and transferred again to someone else bank account

I am not quite sure how i can prove its not me.,, its not my signature and i never been to this bank , but how can i prove it
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Jsaid wrote: »
    I am not quite sure how i can prove its not me.,, its not my signature and i never been to this bank , but how can i prove it

With your passport or driving license; official documents with signatures on them.

Hopefully one was issued before and one after the loan, proving this hadn't changed.
    💙💛 💔
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport