BT Sport Help!!

Options
Evening everyone,

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction and advise me if I have any rights with BT Sport.

I took out a contract with them in January 2017 and paid for the service in Jan, Feb and March; however it has now been brought to my attention by my wife, I have been working away, that the channel doesn't work and asks us to contact BT.

I called them tonight and they advised that the D/D had been refused and that despite calling and sending letters, the bill hasn't been paid so they have cancelled my contract and want the remaining term paid.

I called them tonight and apologised but advised that the bank have confirmed no payment request was made in March or April for the forthcoming months and that we haven't received any letters or calls.

They said that was ok and I was a second away from giving them my card number when i asked when the services would be reinstated.

I advised that I would pay the remaining months up front, as long as they reinstated the services up until the end of the contract term, but they are refusing to do so stating that this is the cancellation fee and that I have to pay it and set up a new account for the services. The cancellation fee just happens to be the same amount as the monthly fee x by the number of months in the contract.

Is this correct? Do I have any rights ie if I pay the full amount that I should be entitled to the services for the rest of the contract term?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• DMcD010886
    Options
    Anyone able to help?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 May 2017 at 9:12AM
    Options
    BT are able to help and are probably the best to do so .Use your BT members help pages/community forum to ask the question .
    I found it difficult to follow your post .

Looks like bill not paid and BT cancelled the services .They have also asked you to pay the balance of your contract . In both cases that is normal .

https://community.bt.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport