PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 20 May 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dumpling, she sounds like a lovely girl, maybe there is also a hormonal component which will improve as she grows older, while in no way comparing I remember DD going through a particularly hard time at 13/14.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 May 2017 at 5:15PM
    Options
    Evening all
    I didn't post this morning as Dgd was up at 5 and trying to put her bed away.
    I've been on the go ever since, shopping for sanding belts, nylux bolts etc, entertaining dgd, helping to rustproof the boat and so forth.
    Steak and chips for tea and bed soon after!
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,048 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening everyone.

My foray to a new place was cut short by torrential rain but not before finding the wee cafe where I thoroughly enjoyed a very tasty bacon and egg roll, the best I've had for a long time. I invited another lone eater to join me as we were the only ones in at the time. We had a lovely chat, she was an Aussie on her long service leave holiday for three months.

Came home and filled the car up with assorted rubbish and cardboard which I duly took to the tip. I went to the fuel station for diesel and met a friend. Ended up being 'told off' by staff for causing a queue behind my pump. :rotfl: One car behind me!

Lamewolf - I always say yes to invitations though sometimes call off nearer the time. I much prefer small groups of people.

Dr Who tonight!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Middle dd came over last night and we took a trip to i**a this morning after a quick breakfast. DD got lots of shelving, shoe cabinet, cafatiere, kilner jar etc and I got a frame for my library training certificate and four kitchen shelf stackers to replace the wobbly ones I have at the moment.

DD very impressed by the storage system in the slanted walls bedroom even though it is not yet finished. We had lunch when we got back and I gave her some food in lidded containers to take back home with her.

When DH was in the hospice and we were all together we told him how much we cared and that we would be all right and that he could let go. It was not till the girls said there was fish and chips on offer and then decided on sandwiches SIL had brought in- then were deciding who wanted what that he felt able to go as all the attention was not on him.

An elderly aunt went just before we had arrived unexpectedly to visit early. If there had not been a problem with the parking machine we would have been there twenty minutes earlier. As it was we had missed being there for her by a few minutes.

Meeting a dd in York tomorrow maybe for lunch or the cinema, builders finish the storage on Monday, fingers crossed and then I want to empty cardboard boxes and finish getting the house sorted out.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business