PCP / Write Off / Value offered

Options
2»

Comments

• debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    I reckon that's good news and you've got RTI cover for the full £25,000 the car cost when purchased.
  • dj_uk_1234
    dj_uk_1234 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks guys, not getting my hopes up, but will challenge them on monday.

Hopefully it was a Mercedes staff member in a call center somewhere who has got it wrong.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,581 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to contact the GAP insurer, but be prepared to play "piggy in the middle" while the two parties argue the gap figure.

Until that is sorted you won't get anything except an empty parking space.

Keep us informed as to how the Gap insurance claim goes.
  • dj_uk_1234
    Options
    So guys, quick update

After speaking to Mercedes this morning, and possibly the most vile woman on the planet, i've marched down to the showroom and spoke to the finance manager face to face, as the vile old crow couldn't find any record of the GAP insurance.

He has found the details straight away, confirming it is RTI and covers up to the 25k paid. Got home, spoke to a direct line he gave who confirmed we had it, they'll send the emails for us to sign and to not accept the insurance.

You guys, have been great, will keep you updated if you don't mind me bumping the thread every now again, but really appreciated, and hopefully things start moving.... although going down to the showroom wasn't a great idea, i'm now eying up a £35k A45 lol
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dj_uk_1234 wrote: »
    So guys, quick update

After speaking to Mercedes this morning, and possibly the most vile woman on the planet, i've marched down to the showroom and spoke to the finance manager face to face, as the vile old crow couldn't find any record of the GAP insurance.

He has found the details straight away, confirming it is RTI and covers up to the 25k paid. Got home, spoke to a direct line he gave who confirmed we had it, they'll send the emails for us to sign and to not accept the insurance.

You guys, have been great, will keep you updated if you don't mind me bumping the thread every now again, but really appreciated, and hopefully things start moving.... although going down to the showroom wasn't a great idea, i'm now eying up a £35k A45 lol

Thats great news, and good that you pushed it - bunch of chancers!

The A45 is a great car! We love ours.

Be aware of the following though :-
    • It likes a drink - budget for 25mpg.
    • It wants to be driven everywhere at 90mph.
    • Everyone else on the road will seem slow
    • You start to think things like - when you're driving along and sitting behind 7 cars "i can take these all!" :eek:

On a more serious note -
    • There are big discounts on brand new ones - your dealer will laugh and tell you otherwise, but persist. We got £5K off ours, and £6K seems easily possible - https://www.broadspeed.com which means you could buy a brand new one for the price of a used one.
    • There are better PCP deals available on new ones than used ones, so if you're going down that route you may find that its no more expensive to get a new one.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And yes, do keep us updated!
  • dj_uk_1234
    Options
    Brill advice, thank you. I've tried persuading the Mrs but she is having none of it, she is happy with the A220, AMG we had before, and wants the same, not happy lol.

Again, thanks guys, feel like things are moving.
  • dj_uk_1234
    Options
    Hello again, you said you didn't mind an update, so here i am.

Challenged what they said, and got through to a helpful chap who ciuld be bothered to do his job. Confirmed that we do have RTI, and started the process (it has been very very painful between the GAP insurance and her own insurance. They have paid out, and we now have the old car paid off and picking up our brand new 17, plate car tomorrow, which is better spec.

We're now waiting for the solicitors etc to deal with the personal claim side of things, which due to the circs will take months. Thanks for the advice, got there in the end. Nearly 8 weeks with only one car was challenging at times lol
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    Make your research this time around and buy GAP outside of dealer network, it will cost half of their price. And make sure you read all paperwork so there's no surprise like last time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure