Data Protection Query: Taking Photos of Kids

Options
1235»

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    And it protects the children, by ensuring that the parent(s) are in charge of what happens to the photos. - Indeed, and the best security is as weak as it's weakest link. So you have vetted photographers, passwords, extra security - all for parents to then share the photo's as they wish, including on facebook... You obviously missed the point, don't you understand that there are evil people out there who would love to get their hands on the photos? - I didn't miss anything. There are evil people everywhere. They are not going to be hacking a dance groups photography website.... The dance group is professional and is not about to lay themselves open to any legal problems. There are children involved from very young ages. - Indeed. But having OTT security systems is no use if parents can then just share the photos as they wish. I don't understand how you don't see that

Perhaps you missed what can happen, without the proper security:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/steiner-schools-have-some-questionable-lessons-for-todays-children-a7402911.html

As some have said - it's rare. Yes it is, but that's no consolation to those affected. Rae means it still happened.

So does getting run over by a bus, it's also called common sense...
  • David_Aston
    David_Aston Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Can I just point out to the OP that the Everyone Active pool I swim in has a notice on the entry to the changing area, which states that filming and photographs are permitted. In fairness there appear to be qualifications listed on this notice, but as it doesn't interest me, I haven't given it my fullest attention.
  • Reggie_Rebel
    Reggie_Rebel Posts: 5,036 Forumite
    Options
    Have you had a look to see what the School's policy is on photographing/filming the kids?

When my lads have played kids football every signing on form contained something along the lines of "your child may be photographed/filmed while playing for the club. Tick this box if you do not wish to have your child photographed."

How many parents read it is anyone's guess, but it was there.
    It's taken me years of experience to get this cynical
  • indiepanda
    indiepanda Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DJBenson wrote: »
    I also take the point that worrying about this is rather futile, but I am bringing my children up in a far more dangerous world than I was brought up. I don't give one jot if that makes me sound paranoid or neurotic - the fact is, it's never been easier for these people to access material to their liking, nor has it been so easy for parents or children themselves to put that material out there, with ubiquitous access to camera phones, access to the web and internet connected toothbrushes.

Are you really sure there is evidence it is more dangerous? The supposedly innocent time in which I was raised (the 70s) has been proved to be not so innocent after all - Saville and the like. At one time there were far less checks on who would be running the classes your children might take part in - things have improved considerably since then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure