Do i pay the PPI Company?

Options
2»

Comments

• wolvesmat
    wolvesmat Posts: 18 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I responded to an advert for free ppi check by uclaim4me. I received no acknowledgement for the application. Received no correspondence from them of any discription and absolutely definitely did not sign any contract paperwork questionnaires whatsoever. In meantime I contact barclays and fill out the online forms. Barclays respond within a week and over the following few weeks have several more corespondance and make more phone calls to answer other questions. Barclays then send me a cheque for 969 after tax deductions. Up until this point is still heard nothing from the claims company. As soon as the cheque comes through the letter box I get a letter from uclaim4me demanding £440. According to the terms and conditions that I signed. Even though I never heard anything from them. Am I legally obliged to pay this . I'm going to CAB if no one can offer me a solution
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 June 2018 at 12:58AM
    Options
    wolvesmat wrote: »
    I responded to an advert for free ppi check by uclaim4me. I received no acknowledgement for the application. As soon as the cheque comes through the letter box I get a letter from uclaim4me demanding £440. According to the terms and conditions that I signed. Even though I never heard anything from them. Am I legally obliged to pay this . I'm going to CAB if no one can offer me a solution
    If you truly didn't sign any letters of authority then you should complain to the Claims Company and demand that they provide documentary evidence that you agreed for them to represent you. If they cannot provide such evidence, then they won't be able to force you to pay.

However, how did the Claim Company know that your complaint had been successful? The Bank would only tell them if they had received a signed Authority..

The Citizen's Advice Bureau will not be much help in your circumstance. The correct agency to refer to is the Legal Ombudsman.

EDIT:
    Do note that you've already received quite a few similar responses to the duplicate thread you posted in May;
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74344969.

In this other thread, you say that the Bank contacted you out-of-the-blue about your complaint which is a contradiction of your account this time. You also posted a different redress amount and Claim Company fee. Do try to maintain a consistent story if you hope to advance this..

EDIT 2: I see you've now deleted all but a sentence from your original thread. You do realise that your contradictory account is later quoted by another poster?
  • wolvesmat
    wolvesmat Posts: 18 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly thanks for the advice.
    Not wanting to make a long post or feel the need to justify myself I just wanted to remove the posts due from certain people seeming to totally miss my point and discredit it by saying I was making contradictory statements across my posts which weren't really relevant to my actual question whether I can be liable for a contract that I never signed.
    To add a further point to defend my claim of never signing a contract with a claims company , I received a letter from Barclays today. Claiming that a ccm had been in touch regarding mis sold PPI however they don't have the correct authorisation from myself to Cary out the claim on my behalf.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wolvesmat wrote: »
    I just wanted to remove the posts due from certain people seeming to totally miss my point and discredit it by saying I was making contradictory statements across my posts which weren't really relevant to my actual question whether I can be liable for a contract that I never signed
    Why spam the forum with multiple contradictory posts then?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure