Advance payment for motorcycle tyres

Options
2»

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It all depends on how they are priced. If they are priced as a set then a S75 claim would be valid; if they're priced individually then it wouldn't (unless you could prove that the seller only ever sold then in sets regardless of how they were priced).
  • Hermione_Granger
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    It all depends on how they are priced. If they are priced as a set then a S75 claim would be valid; if they're priced individually then it wouldn't (unless you could prove that the seller only ever sold then in sets regardless of how they were priced).

Isn't that what I stated 2 days ago?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Indeed - I was reiterating the point with additional clarity, as the person you'd responded to still seemed unsure. ;)
  • Heliflyguy
    Heliflyguy Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Indeed - I was reiterating the point with additional clarity, as the person you'd responded to still seemed unsure. ;)

Understood perfectly but thanks anyway. Found another local bike dealer that came in cheaper <£200 and can fit while I'm at work.

I have sen M/C tyres sold in pairs but not often and not the ones I need, preferred not to test the possibility of how a CC company might view my purchase

They also required a deposit £45 which is perfectly acceptable IMO.

Will buy another rear cheaper online in the near future and store till needed, original rear has over 6000 miles and just over 3 years, believe the new one is a little softer so may not last as long.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure