Nationwide texts

Options
Nationwide text me on Monday to say they'd received the valuation report and are currently reviewing it. They'll be in touch if they need any more information.

Is this a standard text. I'm getting worried that there's an issue now.

Comments

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So they're keeping you in the loop with the status of your application and you seem to think that's a bad thing.

Maybe best to opt out of the texts if every one is going to send you into a fit of panic?
  • Trickzyy
    Trickzyy Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I recently purchased a property with Nationwide and this is standard practice. I quite liked the fact they did this, much less intrusive and more convenient.

They are just keeping you updated on the progress of your application.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    tykesi wrote: »
    So they're keeping you in the loop with the status of your application and you seem to think that's a bad thing.

Maybe best to opt out of the texts if every one is going to send you into a fit of panic?

I'm not in a fit of panic, I was simply asking if this is a standard text. When reading others' experiences on nationwide texts I tend to see "valuation satisfactory" as the first received text.
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    Trickzyy wrote: »
    I recently purchased a property with Nationwide and this is standard practice. I quite liked the fact they did this, much less intrusive and more convenient.

They are just keeping you updated on the progress of your application.

Thank you, as I said, when reading about others' experience I was often just seeing the "valuation satisfactory" text rather than the one I had received
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valuation received and then valuation satisfactory are both standard.

Sometimes you don't get 'received' because it moves straight to satisfactory.

Don't hold you breath. We have one back on 8 May and it still hasn't been moved on to offer.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Do these txts from Lenders ever do anything other than increase worry and confusion?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LuckyG wrote: »
    I'm not in a fit of panic, I was simply asking if this is a standard text. When reading others' experiences on nationwide texts I tend to see "valuation satisfactory" as the first received text.
    They need to review it before they know whether or not it's satisfactory. I wouldn't worry, until you get a text saying they've reviewed it and decided it's terrible.
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    Do these txts from Lenders ever do anything other than increase worry and confusion?

I don't think the OP is worried or confused, a genuine query.

I think the texts from NW were a brilliant form of communication for me when we bought last year and a step better than many lenders who don't communicate at all until either offer is produced or a decline decision is made.

Thumbs up from me.
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • TheDebtinator
    TheDebtinator Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Santander did this with my application. I felt it was nice and when the offer was approved it was happy days.
  • newbieFTB
    newbieFTB Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    How long ago did you submit the mortgage application? I had the 'valuation received' text followed immediately by the 'mortgage offered' text on the same day the valuation took place, but I believe this was because there was nearly three weeks from full application being submited to when the survey actually took place so Nationwide had time to do all their checks etc before receiving the valuation.

My timeline was...
    Application made: 20th April
    Survey took place: 10th May
    Valuation report received: 10th May
    Mortgage offer: 10th May

I've read numerous threads on here and other places whereby people get the 'report received' text then don't get the 'mortgage offer' text for a few days later so don't be disheartened that yours hasn't come through yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure