IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

5 PCN TICKETS issued for parking in my own allocated space (residential) 5 TICKETS!

Options
13»

Comments

• anitasingh
    anitasingh Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, got it, anything else needs changing?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    See what LoadsofChildren123 says, she is legally qualified and takes an interest in lease/residential cases.

For me, wording like this is far too weak:
    so it appears you are mistaken
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • anitasingh
    Options
    I agree. Guys, can you comment on the (UKPC_v_Peenith). The defendant lost, and it seems the judge was saying the notices formed a contract. here, the managing agent in question in that case is the same one for our development so i am guessing they must be thinking they can try it with me as well...
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    anitasingh wrote: »
    I agree. Guys, can you comment on the (UKPC_v_Peenith). The defendant lost, and it seems the judge was saying the notices formed a contract. here, the managing agent in question in that case is the same one for our development so i am guessing they must be thinking they can try it with me as well...
    Where is the transcript from that case?

Nothing in the Small Claims Court is binding on other courts. Sometimes virtually identical cases are allowed by one judge, disallowed by another.

Colloquially known as DJ Bingo. There are no guarantees in the SCC.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • anitasingh
    Options
    Ok, got it. Just slightly worried. A few things i noticed i missed from my first (and since my last) post.

I now have 7 tickets!!! fearing that they could be giving me more over the weekend, i dont know what to do (keep parking in my space, or park somewhere else - maybe giving them chance to tow my car away?).

i got a ticket from the same company (PCM) last year, around may, etc. parking in a disabled spot. i paid because i just thought, no qualms, i was wrong and it wasnt my bay. can they use that to say i know about their rules and conditions? I mean, i was never provided a permit.

proximity of my car/allocated space to signage is quite close. just worried that they could say it was clear and contract formed as per UKPC_v_Peenith. just thinking out aloud.

The car is not registered in my name, i.e. registered in fathers name. but i did say i was the keeper. i mean, does this fact matter? because, obviously my fathers name is not in lease, so they may be thinking i cannot link car owner to leaseholder... justthinking

lease says they can 'reasonably' vary estate regulations from time to time as they deem fit, but also says they should provide me notice somewhere else - which they didnt. just saying. happy to send the lease to anyone here with a good feedback rating (make sure not sending tow wrong person). just provide your email.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    keep parking in my space, or park somewhere else - maybe giving them chance to tow my car away?).
    A private parking company can't tow away your car without breaking the law.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    anitasingh wrote: »
    Ok, got it. Just slightly worried. A few things i noticed i missed from my first (and since my last) post.

I now have 7 tickets!!! fearing that they could be giving me more over the weekend, i dont know what to do (keep parking in my space, or park somewhere else - maybe giving them chance to tow my car away?).

i got a ticket from the same company (PCM) last year, around may, etc. parking in a disabled spot. i paid because i just thought, no qualms, i was wrong and it wasnt my bay. can they use that to say i know about their rules and conditions? I mean, i was never provided a permit.

proximity of my car/allocated space to signage is quite close. just worried that they could say it was clear and contract formed as per UKPC_v_Peenith. just thinking out aloud.

The car is not registered in my name, i.e. registered in fathers name. but i did say i was the keeper. i mean, does this fact matter? because, obviously my fathers name is not in lease, so they may be thinking i cannot link car owner to leaseholder... justthinking

lease says they can 'reasonably' vary estate regulations from time to time as they deem fit, but also says they should provide me notice somewhere else - which they didnt. just saying. happy to send the lease to anyone here with a good feedback rating (make sure not sending tow wrong person). just provide your email.

You can be the day to day keeper, in other words the person in charge of or looking after the car, without being either the driver or registered keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you see the LBCs written by LoC123 in hairray's case, that worked last week?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/residential-ticket-only-cancelled-after.html

Try adapting your draft and being MUCH more forceful, LBCs will be taken more seriously.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure