IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Parking Patrol Office

Options
Jan808
Jan808 Posts: 12 Forumite
edited 14 May 2017 at 10:16AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all

A driver received a ticket yesterday but the issue with the ticket is it says the vehicle was parked on 2 streets "Bugle and Hewitt Street" this was in machester. Is this a reasonable ground to appeal?

The other thing is I have checked if they are a member of the BPA (which their sign clearly states) and IPC and they are not. Are they a legitimate parking firm?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 May 2017 at 6:22AM
    Options
    Is this the location?

[Edited: Due to complaint about messing the layout]

Looks like a private road to the side of Rebellion Records in Deansgate.

See if you can get a pic of the signs as they look to be "forbidding".
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UKPPO are IPC members. There should be a roundel stating this on the signs.

It looks like the one here in the top right

https://theipc.info/accredited-operator-scheme

You need to take your own pics of the signs before appealing using the IPC template from sticky thread for NEWBIES. If there is no IPC roundel you could add this very carefully without revealing the driver's identity.

You should also edit your first post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people as far as anyone is concerned.
    Never say, I parked, or use any similar phrases. Parking scammers read these for a and can identify people from certain information.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    @IamEmanresu - the link you've posted doesn't work - and it's made a right mess of the thread layout. :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    its also worth noting that it doesnt matter what is said in the initial appeal, the PPC will turn it down , so although you should appeal and use the IPC template , DO NOT EXPECT your appeal to work, it wont !!
  • Jan808
    Options
    Hi and thank you for your response so far.

Because the ticket states the vehicle was parked on 2 streets is it still a valid ticket as the accuracy of the ticket is questionable?
  • Redx
    edited 14 May 2017 at 10:45AM
    Options
    only a judge can answer that , in the small claims court

this is an unregulated industry and all you have received is an INVOICE with a possible location. all UKPPO has to do is prove their case and that includes issuing an invoice for the landowner in that area, so as long as a judge is satisfied that the location has been correctly identified then its likely the judge would find in favour of the claimant on that particular point

this is not like a proper council pcn which is subject to various laws

its an invoice , about an alleged debt incurred by a trespasser on private land near the Manchester School Of Acting
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bugle+St,+Manchester+M1+5WZ/@53.4737616,-2.2506538,127m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487bb1e89a93329b:0x955ed6cfff948db4!8m2!3d53.4739443!4d-2.2503187!6m1!1e1

and they are definitely IPC AOS members , and have been for some time , so not BPA AOS members any more (but may still be corporate members of the BPA)

the IPC AOS site , under U, shows this

UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd (Trading as UK Parking Patrol Office)

09/11/2015

www.parkingpatrol.co.uk

pps:- it appears the driver received a windscreen ticket, but its the NTK that is more important, which cannot arrive until after day 28
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 14 May 2017 at 10:49AM
    Options
    I would be concerned about the height of the sign on the railway bridge. One of them must be nearing ten feet up. Can it be read by a person of average height?

With regard to the location, is there such a street as Bugle and Hewitt Street? If not, how can you have parked there?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Jan808
    Options
    Hi all.

Yes as for the sign it was very high up on the wall and would not say that it is in a common location as per any other parking sign hence why it was have missed.

What should I do?
  • Redx
    edited 14 May 2017 at 10:59AM
    Options
    looks as if the driver may have parked on BUGLE STREET (or at its corner with Hewitt St) at or under or near the railway arches. this appears to be a poorly surfaced private road with UKPPO parking signs high up on the walls

you should follow the IPC advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread , possibly waiting for an NTK in the post (after day 28 , usuallyl between day 29 and day 56) and then appeal that NTK

this will be rejected (as will any appeal you make)

after that its IGNORE mode for up to 6 years unless they try a court case , using MCOL

the driver has been caught in a honeytrap to catch the unwary, on private land , where "anything goes"

there is an NCP pay and display car park just around the corner from that location, which would have been a better option
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    By counting the courses of bricks on the left hand side of the arch, I estimate that the sign is between 10 and 11 feet above the pavement.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure