Options

Comments

• Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 July 2017 at 8:40AM
    Options
    QUOTE OF THE DAY

Long term consistency trumps short term intensity.

--
    I think this could be relevant to many things in both my life and others. I could apply this to debt busting, losing weight, my health and many other things I aim/aspire to do.
    :D
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning :D,

Its rather dull and wet here with that fine rain which is horrible. I love listening to the rain when I'm in bed at night with the windows open- I find it very relaxing.

I've not much planned today except work later on where I'll be working 4pm-12am. I haven't done one of these shifts in a long while so I'll see how I go.

The boy has been at his dad's since Sunday and is due home tonight. I obviously won't see him as I'll be at work. However I will be watching his show in the morning at school. I'm pretty excited for this :).

Although I havent much planned I have a busy morning ahead with finishing off yesterday's to do list and other things I've added on.

Here is what I need to do:

- Write out new time sheets, get them sent off.
    - Pay July's show fees (Not urgent but mays well get it out the way).
    - Order hooded top for show.
    - Fill out diary with shifts and upcoming events.
    - Make dentist appointments for the boy and I.
    - Reply to 3x party invites.
    - Fill in work forms/email them to relevant department.

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head.

Happy Tuesday everyone :D
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning Chandelier,

You sound super organised as usual. Keep up the good work and enjoy the show!
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Speky.

I am trying to be organised :rotfl:
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I decided to curl my hair and it looks like I've an afro!

When my hair was longer I used to do this quite regularly but for whatever reason I haven't for a long time.

I can't decide whether to grow my hair or have it shorter again.

Decisions decisions
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm struggling with the whole wanting to make massive overpaments to the cards from my savings.

I hit this brick wall every month. I use savings then replenish them as and when possible. I just want this MBNA balance to be gone now as quick as possible.

Why do I not seem to be able to strike s fine balance?
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So I bit the bullet and thought I'd make more overpayments using savings as I had a big urge to. I'd rather an urge like that then an urge to spend.

Debt repayments

MBNA: £300.00
    Halifax: £50.00
    Total repayments: £350.00

Current Debt: 04/07/17

MBNA:£2200.00
    Halifax: £2800.00
    Total: £5000.00

So the debt now stands at a lovely round figure of £5000. I was tempted to pay off more but thought I'd behave myself and settle for a smaller amount.

My savings/emergency fund isn't earning much in the account it's in. If it was in a decent account I probably wouldn't make the overpayments I have done.

Now I need to calm down and not check my banking/credit card apps.

If I was really disciplined I could probably pay off the MBNA card by Dec 2017. However I'm not sure if I want to raise the bar that high. What do people think? I have pretty minimal Outgoings compared to some. Should I put all my spare morning each month towards the debt? Or maybe save a little here or there?.

I'm so confused :o
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening :D (well early morning).

I vow not to make any further debt repayments until the end of the month. It's becoming silly and obsessive and I need to get over this. I'm pushing myself too hard to reach a goal that although is doable, I'd be really pushing the boat and probably would not enjoy myself as much over these next few months.

I've just had a pretty busy shift at work and I'm absolutely exhausted now and ready for bed. It made things harder as I had someone talking down my ear whilst I was trying to concentrate. This is not good and this is where errors/mistakes are made.

I need to take time to reflect on what has been achieved and what I can achieve until the end of the year. But it has to be realistic.

Anyhow I'm off to bed after this little vent. It feels good to get it off my chest.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    To do list 04/07/17

[STRIKE]- Write out new time sheets, get them sent off.[/STRIKE] My time sheets have been filled out and awaiting manager authorisation. I hope this is done before cut off date. If not it will probably go on August's wage rather then July.

[STRIKE]- Pay July's show fees (Not urgent but mays well get it out the way).[/STRIKE] July's show fees paid and email sent to confirm this. Just one last payment in August to make.

- Order hooded top for show. I still need to do this. Will get it done today.

- Fill out diary with shifts and upcoming events. I still need to do this, another job to do today.

[STRIKE]- Make dentist appointments for the boy and I.[/STRIKE] Dentist appointment made for Thursday.

[STRIKE]- Reply to 3x party invites.[/STRIKE] I've done 2/3 and need to double check the number for the third invite as I ended up texting the wrong number lol :rotfl:.

[STRIKE]- Fill in work forms/email them to relevant department[/STRIKE]. I've filled the forms in, I just need to get them signed and emailed to the relevant department.

So pretty much a productive day yesterday. I managed to get most things on my to do list done as well as go to work later on in the day. The shift I did suited me quite well and I'd be happy to do shifts like that again.

Now to think of other things to add to my to do list as well as the couple of jobs I didn't get done. :D
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    QUOTE OF THE DAY

The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.

--

We are all on this debt free journey together. Some with smaller amounts, others with larger amounts but we all have one thing in common- we want to get rid of the debt. Each one of us has a different journey that sometimes will hit bumps in the road due to many factors. Ultimately we will reach the end of our journey whether that be in the near future or in a few years time. However along the way we will learn many valuable lessons that will hopefully stay with us for life. :D
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts