The Post Office, Jefferson Capital International, BPO Collections

Options
Yesterday at 3.04pm i had this email.......

"Important information regarding your Jefferson Capital International account - Please Do Not Ignore

Dear ********

BPO Collections have been instructed by Jefferson Capital International Acquisition to recover the outstanding balance of this overdue account which currently stands at £37.09.
BPO can help you clear this balance and would like to speak with you to discuss your options. It is important to note that clearing your balance may help to improve your credit rating. Our client, Jefferson Capital International Acquisition, has agreed that we can make the following exclusive offer to help you clear your account while making a substantial saving:
Option 1: 50% Discount offer. Subject to affordability, if you are able to pay £18.55 as a one off payment, we will discount the remainder, meaning you will save £18.55.
Option 2: 25% discount Offer. Subject to affordability, if you are able to settle this over up to 6 monthly instalments, we will discount the remainder on receipt of the last payment, meaning you will save £9.27.
Please see below for various repayment options we offer and how to get in contact with us......."

I then phoned them up this morning, 8.10am and asked about the account, Who was it with before them, what is the debt for, date's etc. Turns out it was for a final Post Office homephone bill from 2015. I explained that i have had no contact from Post Office or Jefferson ever for this debt, so could they send me my final bill. by 8.20am i had this email............

"Dear ********

Account Returned To Client

We are writing in response to your recent correspondence in relation to the above account.
We can confirm that BPO Collections Ltd ("BPO") are no longer dealing with this account and it has been returned to our client.

If you have any further questions regarding this matter then please contact our client direct.

Yours Sincerely....."

So really, due to the fact i asked for my final phone bill they just closed my account and sent it back. I guess they just can't be bothered for such a low debt, guess they expected me to just pay it without asking what it was about.

Just posting this to help those who feel intimidated by debt collection agencies. But you don't need to be, act cool, keep calm & it will be ok :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport