IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Link Parking residently PCN

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 May 2017 at 11:06PM
    Options
    They also said that emails are sent out as well with those codes - is it worth me asking for proof of those emails?

Yes, and why not say in the interests of sharing all evidence held on both sides of this dispute and to comply with the overriding objective at pre-court stage in open dialogue to resolve and narrow the issues, here is your video proof that...blah blah...(and attach the video too).
    I also have photographs of a vehicle that parked without authorisation from night until morning in my allocated bay (in an obstructive manner) that did not receive a ticket - is it worth using this defence as well?
    Yes but at defence stage, you don't need actual photo evidence etc., until a few weeks before your hearing. Apart from throwing it at Gladstones NOW, so you can show the court they knew your position, if they proceed then keep your evidence. Refer to it but at court defence stage the evidence doesn't 'go with it' till later.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lillianjcharlotte
    Options
    I haven't been able to get a copy of the lease document for the space - all they were able to provide me is the plan of the property showing the space is allocated to the flat I rent. Is the lease document essential? So far all I've got in the way of evidence is proof they never provide authorisation codes for any registered vehicles and proof I'm not the registered keeper of the vehicle.

The landlord also wrote a letter for me to say she is the owner and gives us authority over the space while we are tenants.

I also raised a complaint with IPC about Link Parking. It probably won't do any good but worth a try, seeing as how the whole situation has caused me nothing but stress for months.
    I advised that the emails, letters and now court letters from Link Parking were harassing since I've persistently told them for months I am not the keeper/driver of the vehicle. Link Parking responded 9 days later asking for copies of everything so they could investigate - Link Parking had no deadline to respond to my complaint, I was given 2 working days. -_-
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    IPC = IAS = Gladstones.

Also - for anyone reading who might be facing a claim.. a classic example of why you should never phone a PPC, or their debt recovery agents/solicitors.

Everything in writing. Then, everything is on record and not lost in a phone call, and no danger of the scammers suckering you into saying anything that may harm your case.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    What did you email to Gladstones?
  • lillianjcharlotte
    Options
    I didn't phone Gladstones they phoned me after receiving my response to their letter before claim.

And he second email I sent was essientlly what you advised me to write. I can't access it on my phone but I'll get it off my computer and upload it.

Shockingly the IPC complaint went nowhere, although it did advise that they are pursueing my as the driver because I never transferred liability. Although in the IAS appeal that I sent them screenshots of as evidence it shows that I reported the appellant as the driver and their details were provided.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Shockingly the IPC complaint went nowhere, although it did advise that they are pursueing my as the driver because I never transferred liability. Although in the IAS appeal that I sent them screenshots of as evidence it shows that I reported the appellant as the driver and their details were provided.
    Wow, you gave the name and address of the driver, yet the PPC is pursuing you, and the IPC dismissed the complaint? Show us!
  • lillianjcharlotte
    Options
    IMG_3900.png

IMG_3901.png
  • lillianjcharlotte
    Options
    I posted it above. I named the driver/keeper/appellant in full during the IAS appeal stage. I provided their name and address. I didn't respond to the letter link parking sent out asking for the driver details as I had already provided this in the appeal and I don't want to pursue them anyway as it's my space they got the ticket in.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    So why does it say in the screenshot that 'you reported that' the appellant (you?) was the driver and registered keeper?
  • lillianjcharlotte
    Options
    I'm not down as the appellant. It shows that the appellant is named as the driver/keeper. In the part on the side it says appealed on behalf of '____' and that's where their details are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure