LHG - the next step

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Haha - I keep one of Hypno's diary threads open on my computer at home so I can read it and reflect on what is possible from time to time. I also regularly direct new members on here to go and look at her stuff! MSE Legend, that girl!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Haha - I keep one of Hypno's diary threads open on my computer at home so I can read it and reflect on what is possible from time to time. I also regularly direct new members on here to go and look at her stuff! MSE Legend, that girl!

Now I'm curious ;) How do I find her? x
  • lionheartedgirl
    Options
    HiddenIdentity her username is hypno06, her most recent diary is here :T (we need a bow down smiley really!)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3653361

I don't think I've ever gone all the way back to the beginning, there are several diaries, but she is an absolute marvel.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hypno is without question one of the MSE legends. There are a number of us on here who will never manage to look at tinned sprouts without giggling thanks to her! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,883 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Something else will be waiting to happen LHG... if it didn't feel right then it wasn't and the right thing will turn up!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    HiddenIdentity her username is hypno06, her most recent diary is here :T (we need a bow down smiley really!)

I don't think I've ever gone all the way back to the beginning, there are several diaries, but she is an absolute marvel.
    Hypno is without question one of the MSE legends. There are a number of us on here who will never manage to look at tinned sprouts without giggling thanks to her! :D

Thank you have saved the link to have a read ;)

Hope all is well LHG x
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

kneel-smiley.gif?1292867630
  • lionheartedgirl
    Options
    I'm popping in to say hello as it has been a while.

I'm just back from me hols and I had a mixed time. I was out there to do a big race which didn't go very well unfortunately. Well, it went OK but I was too slow and got timed out at one of the checkpoints. It was an expensive place to go for a holiday but it was very very beautiful and I did have a good time. I worked Christmas Day with my instrument to earn the money for the accommodation and picked up another gig for this afternoon which meant I could relax a bit and enjoy myself a bit more while I was out there.

I got to my mum and dads yesterday to collect my dogs from the kennels near them (long story!) and my dad gave me some cash. This hardly ever happens, I couldn't believe it. It really was appreciated and I felt so lucky as it was so unexpected.

I'm having a quiet tea-drinking morning then I'm packing up to go to my gig.

My weekends and evenings are much more empty now the big race is done (well, not quite done obv but out of the way at least) and I feel like I have got my life back.

Which means the next project is to get to grips with the state of my house and get everything properly tidied up and cleared out for if and when I am ready to move.

It's good to be home and to have the furries home too.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope the gig went well :D
  • lionheartedgirl
    Options
    thanks Hiddenidentity, it ended up being one of the craziest ones I've done! I was well overdue for one but there we are. I dealt with everything that came my way and was so tired when I got home that I fell asleep in front of the telly. This hardly ever happens!

I got a good kick up the bum from Hypno's last thread and am going to have a very MSE few weeks to mop up after Switzerland. I'll be spending spare time tidying my garden and sorting my house out with some assistance from another dear MSE pal who is going to be my accountability buddy and keep nagging me. Some of you will guess who this is!

It's long overdue and it's definitely time to get it done and stop moaning/fretting about it. Once it's done, it will be done forever as my habits have totally changed and I don't accumulate clutter in the way I used to. Another thing to be grateful to this wonderful place for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure