»

MSE News: Taylor Wimpey sets aside £130m to help leaseholders trapped by onerous...

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

MSE News: Taylor Wimpey sets aside £130m to help leaseholders trapped by onerous...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
1 reply 897 views
MSE_LukeMSE_Luke MSE Staff
295 posts
Fourth Anniversary
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Housebuilding company Taylor Wimpey has earmarked £130m as part of plans to help customers trapped in onerous contracts...
Read the full story:
'Taylor Wimpey sets aside £130m to help leaseholders trapped by onerous contracts'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• FrezkiFrezki Forumite
    4 posts
    Hi Luke & All,

I have bought a leasehold flat build by TW, but not purchased from TW. I purchased it in in 2014 and my leasehold has the 10 year doubling of ground rent clause in it. The property was build in 2009.

Now on TW website about the "Ground Rent Review Assistance Scheme" says that only customers who purchased through Taylor Wimpey are eligible for the application for the schema. Otherwise I would need to contact the current freeholder.

However, TW is also the current freeholder. I'm unsure what the best cause of action is. I see two options. One is I write a letter to TW directly or I apply for the schema ignoring the fact that I did not purchase it from TW directly.

What would you or anybody else in the forum recommend?

Kind Regards

Frezki
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support