Cost to install a gas hob?

Hi All,

I am replacing my electric ceramic hob with a gas hob as part of my kitchen renovations. The gas meter is about 1.5 meters away from where the hob is going to be and is on the same wall.

Could someone tell me how much it would cost to get a corgi trades person in to hook the hob up to the gas supply?

At what stage of the kitchen renovation should I get them to do the work?

Would they bother coming out to give a quote for such a 'basic' job?

I ask because I can always stick with an electric ceramic/induction hob if the cost is too much.

Thanks,
Pete.

Replies

• teepoo wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am replacing my electric ceramic hob with a gas hob as part of my kitchen renovations. The gas meter is about 1.5 meters away from where the hob is going to be and is on the same wall.

Could someone tell me how much it would cost to get a corgi trades person in to hook the hob up to the gas supply?

At what stage of the kitchen renovation should I get them to do the work?

Would they bother coming out to give a quote for such a 'basic' job?

I ask because I can always stick with an electric ceramic/induction hob if the cost is too much.

Thanks,
    Pete.
    I recently changed from our ceramic hob, to a gas/electric range cooker, the gasman had to run a pipe on the outside of the house then drill through the wall to put the gas where it needed to go (probably 3 meters away) he also extended the electric bit as the cable wasnt long enough, he then installed the oven, so it cost £250 inc of vat,, we took everything out of kitchen, then had the gas work done, now we are getting our walls fixed up, the installing the kitchen etc,, we found this easier and cheaper as the gas man didnt have to cut through cabinets etc, and he was happy to come out and give us a quote to just do a small job like this,, hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS