Travelex Supercard didn't notify about 2.99% fee

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
alvaronistalalvaronistal Forumite
31 Posts
Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Car Insurance Carver!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
Hey all,

I was one of the first pilot users for Travelex Supercard, as it was a no-fee, free currency exchange card. Since then I've used it everywhere. When they stopped the pilot and started the new Supercard I received it and was told that it would be working just like it was.

From that moment I noticed that the rating on ATM withdrawals wasn't as good as before, but you know, you're abroad and don't check everything in detail.

So now I'm in Spain and I withdrew 400€, and when I check the receipt on the app, it shows that a fee of £10.14 was charged for ATM withdrawal. Stunned about it I checked my latest withdrawals on the Supercard and there they are, a £2.99 fee on each of them since the new card was issued.

I called Customer Service and the only thing they said is to look at the FAQ, where everything is explained.

Now, I haven't ever received communications from them of a change or inclusion of new fees for my card. I believe that I should have those fees back since they never communicated me about these fees, is this the case?

Thanks in advance,
Alvaro
Nationwide Mortgage (FTB & 85% LTV)

Timeline:
Application submitted 8/10
Valuation scheduled on 10/10 for 19/10
Valuation re-scheduled on 19/10 for 26/10
Hard Credit Check (Credit Karma) 21/10
Valuation 26/10
Valuation approved 26/10
Mortgage offer issued 27/10
This discussion has been closed.