Gladstones LBC (Missed 14 day period)

Hello,

I have been looking through threads all morning but feel like I'm not getting anywhere.

The PCN was issued in early October 2016 since then I have not received any letters I don't think. I didn't show a valid parking ticket at a SIP pay and display in Manchester my fault as didn't have change and was only going to be gone for 15 mins. I returned to find a yellow ticket on window of car. I read threads and ignored the PCN. BIG MISTAKE !! I live away from home as I am a university student and a letter dated 12/04/2017 was sent by Gladstones for that ticket. it is a LETTER BEFORE CLAIM and says they have been instructed to commence legal action against me and they require full payment within 14 days or they have been instructed to start proceedings without notice.. However I have only just returned to find this letter on 29/04/17 3 days after the 14 day period to show acknowledgment.

Q1) Do you think they have already started court/legal proceedings?

With it being easter weekend I would've received the letter late and it was sent second class. and now it is bank holiday again and so i will not be able to pay the £160 they are asking for till Tuesday 02/05/17 after a loan from my parents.

I just want it to be over with and cannot have a CCJ and as a student don't have time for legal proceedings its making me very anxious. I am willing to ring them and ask to pay in small amounts? where do I stand? what do you suggest?

is there anyway I can contact SIP and ask to pay a reduced amount to stop Gladstones?

please can someone help me?

I understand it is my fault and I am willing to pay but don't want it to get as far as court?

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reply anyway, obviously. But NOT PAYING and NOT saying something was your fault/what happened!
    Do you think they have already started court/legal proceedings?

Nope, they will though, so get used to it! We win every defended case thus far..., do not PAY!
    With it being easter weekend I would've received the letter late and it was sent second class. and now it is bank holiday again and so i will not be able to pay the £160 they are asking for till Tuesday 02/05/17 after a loan from my parents.

I just want it to be over with and cannot have a CCJ and as a student

Don't be daft:

- YOU DO NOT GET A CCJ EVEN IF YOU LOST A DEFENDED CASE (then paid if the Judge said so)

- You would pay probably less than £160 so why oh why oh why, think of paying this scam?
    is there anyway I can contact SIP and ask to pay a reduced amount to stop Gladstones?
    No. Not possible, but a Judge might well tell them to pay YOU...
    please can someone help me?
    Yes we will but NOT if you pay. Think again.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • LamiladLamilad Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    You have everything to lose by paying and everything to gain by defending.

DO NOT PAY! You will only be feeding the beast!

Do not believe the pathetic lies they put in their letters threatening CCJs and baliffs, it's all designed to intimidate you into paying.

We Will help you every step of the way in defending this. You will win and, probably, get a nice little payment yourself when you claim your expenses from them.
  • I have just spoken to Gladstones who have put a claim through so the price has now increased to over £240. She advised the court letters will be coming through this week I can either pay it or appeal it which would mean going to a hearing. (I am panicking- this could not have come at a worse time)

Considering I have not responded to them and the 14 day period had passed where do I stand now?

Again remembering I am to blame for not paying the the parking and for not paying the fine ?? How will I ever win??

She said I can pay in 3 instalments..

Sorry please help :(
  • edited 2 May 2017 at 12:18PM
    The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 May 2017 at 12:18PM
    You are certainly guilty of bilking, but even a bilker-hater like my good-self would agree that a penalty of £100 is completely out of proportion to the crime, you can beat up an OAP for less.

You have the moral high ground here, use it. You can win because they are incompetent and cynically abusing Court processes, read these

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=youve+been+gladstoned+prankster&spf=864
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides