Pet-insurance.co.uk not paying out after accepting claim

Options
I made a claim on my pet insurance which was acknowledged on January 30 and accepted 2 weeks later.

Time went by and I did not receive any money (approximately £200 after excess), so I called them on March 1 and they confirmed that the claim has been approved but "there was no timeline on payment".

I made a formal complaint which was signed for on April 10, which they have not yet acknowledged.

Is my only course of action to wait until 8 weeks post complaint and then escalate to the FOS?

Does anyone know if pet-insurance.co.uk is a legitimate outfit? Clearly if my pet had a serious accident which required a significant payout I'm going to have a problem. I'm tempted to take out an additional policy elsewhere.

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are owned by the dreaded Equine and Livestock, the delay in payment is not unusual for E&L.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Keezing wrote: »
    ....Is my only course of action to wait until 8 weeks post complaint and then escalate to the FOS?..m.

No, but it's your most practical.

You could take legal action, but that would take months to do, and involve you in some cost as well as time. Though we're you to win the costs would be added to the amount owed.to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure