Zenith Collections letter

edited 28 July 2017 at 4:23PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
5 replies 15K views
AntrimMarkAntrimMark Forumite
43 Posts
IGNORE THIS THREAD
My fiancee should be paying me a full time salary for this!
We have 2 letters from Zenith Collections on behalf of Gemini Parking Solutions.
The first is a Notice of Debt Recovery Assignment which we ignored.
They followed it up today with a Notice of Intention to Commence Legal Proceedings, urging us to "act now to take advantage of our discounted settlement rate"
Am I correct that both letters are simply debt recovery letters and the second should also be ignored?
Thanks

Replies

• FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenith are debt crawlers, so both letters can be ignored. You don't ignore a PCN/NTK, (except in NI or Scotland) or real court papers.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have at least 3 threads running presently. Are they relating to one parking case or three different ones. Posting new threads just to ask a question about a case on an existing thread causes advice to be given out of context, which can be confusing and potentially expensive.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • 3 threads, different cases, just read them...
    I'm going to throttle my other half if she gets any more!
  • edited 28 April 2017 at 7:35PM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2017 at 7:35PM
    3 threads, different cases, just read them...
    Trouble is, the forum is manic busy today and the only way to spread the expertise of an extremely small number of regular contributors (5 or 6) over such a frantic day is for us to skim read. Telling me to 'just read them' (I've skim read) suggests I've got all the time in the world to do so.

Already today I've provided advice (some of it lengthy and detailed) in 34 case, starting at 7am this morning and I'll still be around about midnight. Do you realise how much time that all takes out of a day? And along you come at 5.30pm with a new thread 'please advise on my defence, it must be submitted by the 28th' (which is today!).

And, as I write, there are 74 live threads being worked on by regulars today, and I've (skim) read every one of them (as will the other regulars)!

So telling me to 'just read them' does somewhat frustrate me (I was going to say p|sses me off, but thought better of it).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide