IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SIP Court case help

Options

Comments

• lafferdog
    lafferdog Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    They are denying receipt of my original appeals, which were almost a year ago so no way of proving I sent them which is a bit of a worry.
    Pics are date stamped and correct, there is no pic of the actual sign, just a graphic of it and measurements of how big it was.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Check that the graphic is the same as the signage on site. Wording varies across different sites and is of course the basis for the alleged contract. It is also why the Claimant is unlikely to make the full amount of the charges now sought stick
  • lafferdog
    Options
    Johnersh wrote: »
    Check that the graphic is the same as the signage on site. Wording varies across different sites and is of course the basis for the alleged contract. It is also why the Claimant is unlikely to make the full amount of the charges now sought stick
    The actual site no longer exists so hard to say if wording is the same.
  • lafferdog
    Options
    Just thought I have the original appeal document and the date it was created, doesn't prove I posted it but proves that I made one on that date, would that be worth taking long? I guess I could screenshot it or take it on my laptop?

If it comes down to them just denying receipt of it, even though I phoned them and they said they don't respond to appeals, someone at Gladstones told me the same, how will that play out?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 July 2017 at 6:59PM
    Options
    The actual site no longer exists so hard to say if wording is the same.

Use Google Street View as sometimes you can go back in time to see the type of signs in place. But you must point out to the judge there is no evidence the signs were there at the time - unlike council wardens who have pics of the car and the signs on the day.

Edit: Can't recall if you have given the name of the site but there will be a POPLA appeal / court case out there where SIP have already provided the information previously for you to check. Most of their sites will have had an appeal or even a court case where there is a possibility of the real signs have been submitted. So ask around.
  • lafferdog
    Options
    what do you think about them denying receipt of my appeals? Should i print out the fact they were created on the dates I claim to have sent them?

Do I mention I spoke to them on the phone and they both said they dont respond to claims?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do anything which you feel will help your defence.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • lafferdog
    edited 7 July 2017 at 6:47PM
    Options
    I just called the court an their witness statement isn't filed yet. They said I could mail to say I have checked and it was late, do I simply say in the email that I want to log that their witness statement is late?

I am intending to submit costs on Tuesday, should I send this email now or both together on Tuesday?

Just to add thats mail the court to say they were late with their WS.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,806 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would email the court now, to point out the claimant's WS is late/not received. After all, that email will just be to the court, whereas on Tuesday you will be emailing the court and Gladstones with the costs schedule.

Don't worry that they are denying receiving an appeal. SIP would have refused it anyway, because IPC firms always do.

And yes, you could include in the bundle you take to court, a screenshot of the creation date of your appeal letter and you can rely on the Interpretations Act, a letter posted 1st class is 'deemed delivered' 2 working days later. You appealed, say so and be confident and come across as an honest witness (parking firms struggle with that).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lafferdog
    Options
    Sent everything I need to, hearing is thursday. Just going to do some reading on right of attendance and get the number to text ready. Other than that I have made some notes on things like the interpretations act.

Does the screenshot of the creation date of my files need to be emailed to both too? Or just take it along?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure