IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Parking Control Ltd - Wrong address on Parking Charge Notice

Options
2»

Comments

• unifan
    unifan Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I keep reading about a 'sticky' what is this? Where can I find the templates mentioned?

We parked our car in a disabled bay on an Asda car park (under the control of UK Parking Control Ltd) as entitled to do, but due to circumstances did not display it. Basically, I am the holder of the required Blue badge but not the driver or owner of the car. He had to get to the toilet urgently due to meds he's on and I was focusing on getting out of the car safely as I had no help as I would normally have. I was supposed to put up the badge, but simply forgot, memory loss is a symptom of mine, as not used to having to do that ordinarily, and was focused on safety only, as had no help.
    He left believing the badge would be displayed. So it was my fault not the car owners fault. He left that responsibility to me.

Our 14 days are up tomorrow Sunday. Was going to appeal online but reluctant to give an address.

Also on the ticket the amount stated to be paid initially is illegible as its only rewritten onto other wording, so can't tell how much to pay anyway to avoid the higher fee if not paying within 14 days.

They also included a photograph online showing the inside of the vehicle including its contents and personal info, which is totally unnecessary and proves nothing in relation to their parking charge demand. This is a direct breach of our privacy under the Human Rights Act that entitles us to peaceful and private enjoyment of our property, in this case the property being the car and its contents, as they had no permission to do that. It serves no purpose for them in relation to their parking charge. It could put us at risk as vital info may be on show to the world now.

Also the photo of the floor level sign isn't readable so how can they prove the purpose of it which is for their terms and conditions.

We can't appeal without giving a name and address. We are going through horrendous times as it is without this. Surely it's disability discrimination, all the others park for free in non designated bays, so no financial loss incurred, and they don't have to display proof of eligibility to park there so why do we? How do they prove to a court that they have lost out financially just because I forgot to display my badge? Surely this could only be covered by breach of contract if there was proof of one, and not under the Highway Act that covers legal parking charges?

Is it worth us appealing due to medical and disability reasons? Are 'POPLA' worth applying to if they turn down appeal? Are they truly independent?

Anyone have any advice please? Just can't afford this charge, as struggling financially as it is. :(
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,666 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 February 2018 at 2:41AM
    Options
    unifan wrote: »
    Hi, I keep reading about a 'sticky' what is this? Where can I find the templates mentioned?
    Hello Unifan, you've been on MSE forums for nearly ten years and not noticed that every one of the five boards you have posted on have sticky/pinned threads?
    They're even labelled Sticky: - at the top of every board index page.

The thread you are looking for is titled:
    **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

Now, before you read that thread, can you please delete your post from this thread as trying to offer guidance to more than one person about more than one incident can only lead to confusion.

If you have further questions, after having read that NEWBIES FAQ thread, then please start a new thread. Thanks.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    unifan, DO NOT PAY THE SCAMMERS ANYTHING!

As above, read the NEWBIES which tells you how to beat this scam, then send the appeal template, then start your own thread if you need further help.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I keep reading about a 'sticky' what is this?

My signature in colourful writing under ALL my posts, tells everyone. How do people miss it? I even tell people who might not have used a forum before, exactly where to click...can't make it much clearer.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure