multiple pensions

Options
HI Chaps. Ive multiple pensions from several jobs.Ill expand. I had left the state pension when i was about 17 and contracted out of serps, recently the government has contracted me back in, but ive a fairly healthy pot sitting in a pension companies coffers.
Ive another closed pension which was shut to contributions due to a company take over, thats sitting there ticking over.
Also because of the take over the company started another pension which is my current pension, which accepts payments.
Question. should i roll the whole lot into the current fund in order to save on plan maintainance fees. my current pension cost me £85 last year in fees, ive yet to check the others but i think its similar.
Ive little faith in legal and general to honest.
your views please?
thanks in advance Paul:D
Mortgage free in June 2015.Yay!Now Debt free!... well i owe the wife a few quid.....

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It would probably make more sense to post over on the dedicated pensions board, although it'll be doubtful that anyone can give you meaningful guidance without significantly more detailed information about exactly what you have with exactly which providers (and underlying investments) and exactly what the charges are, etc....
  • chockydavid1983
    Options
    I moved a couple of old ones into my current one recently but only after studying both the charges and available funds in each so you'd have to do the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure