Solar Panels not registered

Options
Hi, looking for a little advice about my solar panels. I recently moved to a new house with solar panels which were installed in 2012, the previous owner did own the panels outright so it transferred to me during the sale and I was given a folder with the MCS certificate, invoice etc. I sent all appropriate documents for the feed in tariff scheme to my energy supplier. Today I received this email from them -

- Unfortunately the previous owner did not register the solar panels into the feed in tariff scheme. Any new applications which were commissioned before 15th January 2016 had a deadline of 31st March 2016 to submit their application to their supplier. As your solar system was installed prior to 15th January 2016 you will not be able to apply for the feed in tariff payments but will benefit from the free energy the panels produce during daylight hours.

Is it worth considering a solar panel buy back scheme or are the savings made by the panels enough to make a difference to electric bills? I received an enquiry from one of these companies not long after I moved it and wondered if anyone had made use of this.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport