Unsolicited letter - Aviva?

2»

Replies

• NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you just ring Aviva and ask them?

Just ring the number from their website

https://www.aviva.co.uk/help-and-support/contact-us/
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • Typing in the 0800 phone number to google search does seem to lead to Capita so it does seem to be a genuine attempt by Aviva to trace you.
    ::A
  • lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bodorange wrote: »
    Hi moneyistooshorttomention.
    I would be very interested to know the outcome, if you followed up the letter. An elderly relative has a received a similar one purporting to come from Aviva and asked for advice.
    I was going to suggest they called, until they mentioned it involved Capita!
    Many thanks.

Moneyistoo is no longer allowed to post on this forum
  • MrsveeMrsvee Forumite
    2 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I too had a letter and was dubious as the address referred to was from 30 years ago. I rang Aviva head office in London, they confirmed the letter is genuine and it was safe to call the 0800 number given. Indeed , she read the number out to me. I'll wait and see what happens, . Who knows, I may have been left a fortune by a wealthy ancestor ....or not!
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    12.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one a while back, confirmed my details and have yet to hear anything further.

As far as I was aware I had updated all my pensions but will wait to see if I hear anything else.
  • MrsveeMrsvee Forumite
    2 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Well, after giving them my details I did receive something from Aviva - a letterbox full of junk mail addressed to me asking if I wanted equity release etc. It appears they could be using demographic information to boost their mailing lists. I'm registered with Mailing Preference Service so I'll be giving them a call. I expect they'll make merry with my email address and mobile number too.
  • ST-UserST-User Forumite
    77 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts
    My wife received the same letter. She didn't want to give her details to an unknown company but logged in to Aviva and found out that a pension from an earlier job is now with Aviva so she updated the address in the account details.