We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

ParkingEye at Costa

Shaya
Shaya Posts: 19 Forumite
Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts
edited 24 April 2017 at 2:57PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Dear Sir/Madam
It was not a parkingeye I am sorry for the mistake and I can not change it it was Britannia parking
I would be very grateful if you could help me, I have read the Newbies! Need help with a private parking ticket? however I am still not hundred percent sure how to appeal against the decision of my fine.

I was fined £85 pounds for staying in Costa car park for extra 1:30min in Swindon Lydiards Field.
Me and my friends normally go to the coffee shop for about the same time and I never notice there was a restriction for parking. After getting the fine, I went to check the area and I notice the boards about the parking however the boards were not very noticeable depending on where you park.

The headed paper say Britannia parking and at the bottom there is sign of BPA, Apparently I can appeal against the decision on Britpark
The camera have taking the picture of the car when I came in and went out. the car is not in my name so they have sent a letter to registers keeper.

I believe it is ridiculous the Costa charged their customers £85 fine when you use their services.

Would you kindly advise me what I should do please.

Kind regards

Comments

  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 7,111 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Sorry you are confusing me is the PPC Parking Eye or Britannia, and why are you talking about a "fine"?

    In any case have you read the newbies start here thread yet?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    just use the blue text template from that NEWBIES sticky thread

    appeal as KEEPER

    do not reveal who was driving

    it is not a "fine" it is an invoice, nothing more , definitely not "official"

    ie:- its a speculative invoice for allegedly breaking their made up rules

    signage and other legal arguments will appear in your POPLA appeal later on

    and as mentioned above , your thread title says PARKING EYE yet your post says BRITANNIA and mentions BRITPARK

    its one or the other , so edit out the incorrect PPC details and put in the correct details
  • Shaya
    Shaya Posts: 19 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts
    I thought since I got the picture of my car it was a parking eye
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 7,111 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Shaya wrote: »
    I thought since I got the picture of my car it was a parking eye

    Parking Eye is the name of a despicable low life parking company (PPC) not the make of a camera or term for an anpr system.;)
  • Shaya
    Shaya Posts: 19 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts
    How can I change the title on there it was not parkingeye
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    go to post #1 and edit it, hopefully by editing the post title it will change the thread title

    or pm crabman and ask him to change the thread title

    the cameras used are ANPR cameras, which dozens of companies use

    which IDIOT told you it was a "fine" ? (it will not say the word FINE on any of the paperwork you received, or on the woeful signage either)
  • Shaya
    Shaya Posts: 19 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts
    So I need to use this one am I right?

    Dear Sirs

    Re: PCN No. ....................

    I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

    I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

    Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

    I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

    Yours faithfully,
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    if that is the blue text one , then yes (as I said earlier)

    if however, you are colour blind , then I apologise
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.