Britania Hotel Nottingham AVOID.

Options
So we went to see the new musical Tommy in Nottingham and our DD booked Saturday night in an "executive" double room at the Britania Hotel in Nottingham. It was not cheap, £119 but the room was awful. Dirty, drink sprayed up the walls, litter under the desk, ceiling plaster coming down, hair in the bath plughole etc. etc.
We complained and were given another room, better but still dirty and uncared for, plus the corridor door closers do not wort so doors slamming all night.
We cannot leave a review as we didn't book it and of course do not want to upset our DD.
The show by the way is FANTASTIC and well worth going to.

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks.

I've always taken the approach that if there's a Britannia hotel on offer it's best giving it a wide berth - you've confirmed that my approach is still appropriate. :)
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup, till its recent convenient conflagration, the Britannia here was a right dump.
  • Derwick
    Derwick Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    What is a DD?
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

think it means darling daughter.
  • alggomas
    alggomas Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do not see why you cannot tell your daughter or complain to Brittania head office?
    You will be helping other people and your daughter. Otherwise she will book the same hotel!!
  • tiernsee
    tiernsee Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Leave a review on trip advisor. Daughter and I stayed at the Britannia in Birmingham when we went to the pantomime this year, show was great, hotel unfortunately wasn't. We are going to Collectormania together soon and have upgraded to the Crowne Plaza!
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Take a look at the Tripadvisor reviews for the Britannia Grand Hotel in Scarborough to see just what this company is like. Same as the Royal Bath in Bournemouth. They seem to have a business model of buying up lovely old hotels and running them into the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure