HSBC Mortgage Application / Underwriting

Options
2»

Comments

• shds87ydshiun
    Options
    Hello,

How did it go in the end? Did HSBC gave you a mortgage after applying in the branch?
    What was the expense/amount they "complained" about?
    How long did it take from initial application to when everything was done?

Thank you in advance for the useful info.

PS: I find this idea that they'll bother you/waste everyone's time about normal expenses disrespectful. Sure they lend you a lot of money, but as long as someone doesn't have a gambling/addition problem and they can afford to repay the mortgage, why to annoy people?

A friend who applied ages ago told me that when she applied they had the courage to ask her about a magazine subscription (don't know which lender). I mean, come on! This friend is a lawyer/professional, she can clearly afford the repayments (they offered/approved her mortgage), why on Earth would you bother a customer for few pounds a month??? It is borderline harassment.
  • K123456789
    Options
    Hello

I managed to get the mortgage with HSBC at the end after some chasing/chasing from another department.

From applying in branch to receiving the offer letter took around 3 weeks. They were 'complaining' about credit card usage, even though all credit card statements were provided with the application and they could see the full balance was paid off each month - so probably best not to do that either when applying for a mortgage to avoid the hassle (stressful enough)

If I was do it again, I would go through a mortgage advisor and get them to sort out the application and they can do the chasing for you.

The 'Conveyancing' took some time / chasing too (again, mortgage advisor would have helped in this area).

Found the house on 13/04/2017 (offer accepted), HSBC appointment on 19/04/2017 - received keys on 1/7/2017.

I agree with you, so frustrating going through all your outgoings, etc. and how they classified your outgoings. For example: I pick up random items from the petrol station when I don't have time to go to the supermarket, as these are recorded purchases at a petrol station - these amounts were classified as travel cost.

Good luck if you're applying but if you haven't started, I would consider a financial advisor doing the mortgage for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure