We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
APCOA Parking Ticket
jennyflower1990
Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi, So I think I've been a bit of an idiot...
In November I parked in a train station carpark and paid for my parking ticket..
8 weeks later I got a parking charge notice saying I had to pay £75. I thought absolutely not, I legitimately paid to park there (not that I could prove it as the window ticket was long gone), and I figured they couldn't send a notice 8 weeks after the alleged incident.
Having previously received a window ticket from the hospital that I work at, where I ignored a few letters and they went away I figured I'd do the same...
Debt Recovery Plus have now been sending me letters twice weekly for the last two months, I've continued to ignore, and thought I'd ridden it out as I haven't heard anything for a few weeks.. until this morning when I received a letter from 'Zenith Collections' demanding £150 and this is my last chance before legal proceedings start..
I realise now I should have appealed, but to be honest I naively thought it was futile and would all go away and had a dissertation to write and yeah just couldn't be bothered to deal with it all.. now I'm worried
any advice would be massively appreciated...
Thank you x
In November I parked in a train station carpark and paid for my parking ticket..
8 weeks later I got a parking charge notice saying I had to pay £75. I thought absolutely not, I legitimately paid to park there (not that I could prove it as the window ticket was long gone), and I figured they couldn't send a notice 8 weeks after the alleged incident.
Having previously received a window ticket from the hospital that I work at, where I ignored a few letters and they went away I figured I'd do the same...
Debt Recovery Plus have now been sending me letters twice weekly for the last two months, I've continued to ignore, and thought I'd ridden it out as I haven't heard anything for a few weeks.. until this morning when I received a letter from 'Zenith Collections' demanding £150 and this is my last chance before legal proceedings start..
I realise now I should have appealed, but to be honest I naively thought it was futile and would all go away and had a dissertation to write and yeah just couldn't be bothered to deal with it all.. now I'm worried
Thank you x
0
Comments
-
All too late to get this killed off.
Worried about Zenith? Check the light grey small print at the bottom right of their letter - and see who they really are.
Ignore debt collectors, they are utterly powerless to do anything other than send silly letters. Only APCOA can take you to court. Except they won't.
http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/APCOA_Parking_UK.html
They do have 6 years to pursue, but extremely unlikely.Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street0 -
Right so they're just Debt Recovery Plus's buddy?
I appreciate I've left it too late to appeal/call off, can I just continue to ignore? So far every letter has been put straight it recycling... (yeah I'm an idiot - sorry!).0 -
This is probably land covered by Railway Byelaws so, unless they know who was driving, all they can do is huff and puff.You never know how far you can go until you go too far.0
-
bylaws apply on railway land , so the TOC have or had 6 months to take it to a magistrates court
read railway or tram threads about these matters , like this recent thread
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5617407
ignore DRP or ZENITH
come back if you get any court papers in the next 6 years
and EDIT post#1 so that you only say what THE DRIVER or THE KEEPER may have done , none of this "ME , MYSELF and I" business
0 -
Ignore the debt collection letters. If you get anything else from APCOA such as a letter before claim/action come back and update your thread.0
-
No, same company:jennyflower1990 wrote: »Right so they're just Debt Recovery Plus's buddy?
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3829727
...a source of amusement and boredom here for a decade.PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

