We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Civil Enforcement LTD PCN

So my appeal to CEL was rejected pretty quickly. I put in an appeal on 18/04 and the rejection letter I received today is dated 19/04. At first I thought maybe they didnt even bother to read and just sent out a rejection letter. So I decided to do some research and found myself wondering here. After reading some threads I am now guessing its possibly because I gave them what they wanted and now I dont stand a chance? I pretty much handed myself over to them on a plate. Told them I was the driver. Yes i know now after reading threads on the forum that I should have refrained from this but i panicked. They have given me a POPLA code. Do i still stand a chance or should i pay up?

Comments

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,848 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Where do you read any threads at all that tell you to pay a private PCN? There are none.

    POPLA time, use the POPLA templates in the NEWBIES thread. Simple. Show us the draft.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.