We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Paying county court claim
Comments
-
IMO, a counter claim for discrimination under the EA could be a very effective way of getting this cancelled.
Does the shopping centre has a Facebook page? If so, write bad stuff on it. Does it have a Mothercare? Ditto.You never know how far you can go until you go too far.0 -
I appear to have jumped the gun somewhat, You have a county court claim form, but not a judgement against you, and this matter is still due in court, correct?
Yes that's correct!
The EA does seem to cover feeding!!
(4)The reference in subsection (3) to treating a woman unfavourably because she has given birth includes, in particular, a reference to treating her unfavourably because she is breast-feeding.
So would it be M&S I have to speak to again? If not how do I contact a landowner?
I posted a tweet on their twitter page when this all started saying what had happened and they got in touch with me again but simply to say they can't help!
The site does have a Facebook page. Should I use social media before contacting the store/landowner?0 -
I would use social media whilst you wait to see if anyone knows the managing agent. The weekend might be a good time to use Facebook as any manager is unlikely to be in until Monday.0
-
Here's a couple of leads to follow.
http://www.morganwilliams.co.uk/out_of_town/scheme/Gallagher-Retail-Park-Bristol.html
http://www.claystreet.co.uk/property/gallagher-retail-park-longwell-green-bristol/
Did your Google not work when you searched on 'Gallagher Retail Park management Bristol'?Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street0 -
So parking eye finally responded to the landowner! They said that they can't cancel the charge because they have referred it to the court, however they will settle for £60. This seems wrong if the landowner has asked them to cancel?0
-
Ladyoftheflowers wrote: »So parking eye finally responded to the landowner! They said that they can't cancel the charge because they have referred it to the court, however they will settle for £60. This seems wrong if the landowner has asked them to cancel?
Parking lie are lying. I believe they can cancel up to the court date if they want.
I would contact M & S again, perhaps the CEO, explain your situation and that the EA 2010 applies. It might also be worth contacting the managers of other shops in the retail park. My local one isn't too far from Brizzle and I found out from a very helpful M & S manager that all the retail managers on that site have the ability to cancel a PCN and it is actually built into their contract with the landowner that they can do so. If you have been a customer of a different shop in the past you might find a sympathetic manager who is fed up with parking lie's antics, and also request a cancellation.
Whoever you contact, point out that parking lie CAN cancel this, as well as stating this is a breach of the EA 2010. In other words, try to get a sympathy vote and show that the scammers are being vindictive and prejudicial.
Also complain to your MP, Mrs May, and Andrew Jones MP about this. Tell them that your vote depends on their response.
When you contact M & S again, send copies of receipts and reward card number if you have one.I married my cousin. I had to...I don't have a sister.
All my screwdrivers are cordless."You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks0 -
You may want to tell m&s that as a reputable family retailer you trust them to protect your rights under the EA.
If they do not you are duty bound to make others aware of their lack of 'duty of care' via social media, local newspapers and mother and baby websites - who are always very keen to make lots of noise about mother's not being treated fairly when feeding their babies. Some of these websites are very good at getting stories in the papers.
If PE are willing to accept £60 then M&S would be wise to pay it rather than deal with all the grief you're gonna cause them0 -
PE can certainly cancel if M&S/the landowner pushes it harder. Or the landowner could pay the £60 (or half & half, you and them).PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD0 -
Thanks both! I didn't get anywhere at all with M&S, they didn't even respond to my last tweet, so went to landowners themselves. I have emailed them again stating that Parking Eye can cancel and should if asked by the landowner!0
-
Thanks both! I didn't get anywhere at all with M&S, they didn't even respond to my last tweet
Well if they don't believe you're really going to do what you say you're going to do then they don't need to pay much attention to you.
So.... Do them! Put it all over FB and Twitter that you were a mother feeding her baby, protected by the EA, and they are refusing to help our even talk to you. Say if you weren't a loyal customer of theirs you wouldn't have even been there that day to get the charge.
Contact your MP. Contact mother and baby websites, post on their forums, FB pages etc.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


