We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Congestion zone PCN

Hi there,

I received a congestion zone fine and appealed and felt I had a strong case.

Basically I was driving from Homerton to Bristol (I'm not a London resident) and when I got to Whitechapel my phone data stopped working as Vodafone are so amazing (I;ve since left them). I was on a busy road skirting the perimeter of the congestion zone and didn't know which way to go in order to get on the M4 without entering the congestion zone as my maps stopped working. In order to phone Vodafone I pulled into a quiet side street (not knowing it was the congestion zone area)off this busy road and stopped and made several phone calls to vodafone, once the issue was resolved I drove back out onto this busy road and did a massive detour south to get onto the A4 then on to the M4. I was parked in the congestion zone for 10 minutes and I received the fine. I sent a map and phone itemisation of my calls to vodafone but they still rejected it.

Is it worth me appealing the rejection at London tribunal? Does anyone have any experience with these independent adjudicators?

Many thanks,


Francesca

Comments

  • fjones101 wrote: »
    Hi there,

    I received a congestion zone fine and appealed and felt I had a strong case.

    ...

    Is it worth me appealing the rejection at London tribunal? Does anyone have any experience with these independent adjudicators?
    What you have retold is NOT a strong case. It's an attempt at mitigation. Lost or not, you would have passed Congestion Zone signs when you turned. No excuses about lost phone signal will change that.

    You can try posting your story on Pepipoo.com, where they have much more experience with this kind of thing, but I think your only chance is if they have messed up the paperwork or the process somewhere, which is far from unknown.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 7,111 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I agree with Slithy, the zone entrances are well marked by signs and on the road if you're in it you're in it and you pay.

    I just don't see your excuse getting you anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.